Future Club Crest & Brand Identity

fightoffyour

6 minutes ago, est1874 said:

So just to sum up this thread, for any who don't want to go back and read it all.

Lerner badge: shit.

Purslow badge: shit.

Heck badge: shit.

Lerner badge: below average 

Purslow badge: above average

New badge: dog shit

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Maybe go a bit further if it’s Heck badge, let’s go with a transparent version, like completely transparent, so much so that it can’t be seen.

Like the stupid West Ham one

West Ham United 2023-24 Umbro Away Kit - Football Shirt Culture - Latest  Football Kit News and More

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

New badge: cockroach infested crusty dog shit

Slightly adjusted!

If nothing else I don't mind the Betano logo, in the sense that it seems fairly simple, inoffensive and nowhere near as gaudy as BK8 and others around the world.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Not like them either. 

not like any other club. 

Got to look like an Aston Villa badge. 

Distinct, unique, fundamentally us 

This whole "has to be unique" and "looks too much like" argument is so overblown. 

Do we really think someone is going to accidentally start following the wrong team because they've got the badges confused.  

There are 1,000 indicators of which team is which and the badge is a small part of that. 

It just needs to be nice looking that the majority of fans are on board with which we currently have. 

No matter what you do there will always be dissenters. 

17 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

New badge: dog shit

Lerner badge - shit

Purslow badge - weak sauce

Heck badge - horrific, burning, strip your gut lining melt the enamel frazzle your nose hair rancid rusty water.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, blunther said:

I don't really give a shit about the badge as much as most people, just wish we'd pick one and leave it alone. But that new one looks like something a kid would come up with on Microsoft Publisher for the year 9 ICT homework. The text doesn't even look properly centred.

Aston - 5 letters.

Villa - 5 letters.

How the holy f*** have they managed to not get the text centered?

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

This whole "has to be unique" and "looks too much like" argument is so overblown. 

Do we really think someone is going to accidentally start following the wrong team because they've got the badges confused.  

There are 1,000 indicators of which team is which and the badge is a small part of that. 

It just needs to be nice looking that the majority of fans are on board with which we currently have. 

No matter what you do there will always be dissenters. 

It could happen, it could mean a small kids skips over Villa on fifa (what ever it’s called now) because the badge doesn’t stand out. 
or a sponsor skip over us as a Chelsea wanna be. 

I’d say the current round badge is that kind of “generic” that it could be over looked 

the new one is just the Lerner badge again but somehow with more problems 

A unique badge is totally doable and can totally look the part for the majority of fans.

even if it’s just a floating rampant lion with no shield, star, date or motto… at least it’s not like any other rampant lion “football” badge

Yes, there will be decanters, of course there will, particularly on a forum where everything needs a comment. 

33 minutes ago, sne said:

Like the stupid West Ham one

West Ham United 2023-24 Umbro Away Kit - Football Shirt Culture - Latest  Football Kit News and More

At least it would allow you to set up your HDR levels on your TV. 

'Increase brightness until badge is barely visible'. 

• Haha 3

I back Unai and the players every single time 100%.

But I am sorry. Off the field needs sorting. The badge thing is a joke - not going to get into the debate about how things went with the round badge - but here we have an instance where apparently the new badge is appearing on another website before we have had an official announcement (promised months ago).

At the very, very least, the comms are amateur and well, we won't comment on the design.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Villa_Vids said:

We are never going to get this mythical "perfect" badge.  We can cry like 10 year olds all we want but a new badge won't be in universal agreement.

Yes the Luke's kits were ridiculed online, as was the recent round badge too. It happens all the time.

I think you (and others) are overreacting to the badge. This outrage is bringing needless negative energy towards the club.

Firstly, I am happy we are going to the biggest stage in the world - I want people to see our full name and our date of origin (heritage). If that means little to you - so be it.

If you want to whinge about the badge while we are doing well on the pitch & off the pitch - go ahead.

No one's asking for a perfect badge.

I would ask that they didn't take a horrifically bad initial design and tweak it into the worst badge in world football.

36 minutes ago, Deano & Dalian's Umbrella said:

Aston - 5 letters.

Villa - 5 letters.

How the holy f*** have they managed to not get the text centered?

Because, despite having the same number of letters, the words are different lengths. If you centred the text it would look even more odd.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, est1874 said:

So just to sum up this thread, for any who don't want to go back and read it all.

Lerner badge: shit.

Purslow badge: shit.

Heck badge: shit.

Hate these types of posts that try to muddy the water.  

People might have had issues with the Purslow badge (lion facing right, similar to chelsea, not being bold)  but it was professionally designed.  The Heck badge is totally amateur thus the uproar. 

Â