Future Club Crest & Brand Identity

fightoffyour

Just now, Stevo985 said:

They know people don't like it so they're just quietly releasing it alongside a much more positive announcement

That’s basically it…

“Get it out there and let’s move on”

50 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

All your stuff is top notch but mate… use the right shade of blue please 😂

more sky blue than neon or overly vibrant. Not too saturated and more on the pale side.

Knew the blue comment was coming! To my knowledge there isn't a 'right' blue, we've had many. Plus colours will show up differently on different screens - it's nowhere neon on my screen!

Appreciate your comments though mate, needless to say I'm extremely passionate about this and as disappointed and p*ssed off as many of us are. Would've loved to work on this. There are some awesome Villa fan designers on here and awesome design agencies out there, who, with the right brief and process, could've nailed a new icon for us for decades, launching on a very special season ahead of us. Instead what we've got is, I believe, extremely amateur looking. I'm not a roundie but at least it's well designed and balanced.

Anyway, as you say, time to accept it and move on. For now...

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Muller Yogurt Long Sleever said:

Knew the blue comment was coming! To my knowledge there isn't a 'right' blue, we've had many. Plus colours will show up differently on different screens - it's nowhere neon on my screen!

Appreciate your comments though mate, needless to say I'm extremely passionate about this and as disappointed and p*ssed off as many of us are. Would've loved to work on this. There are some awesome Villa fan designers on here and awesome design agencies out there, who, with the right brief and process, could've nailed a new icon for us for decades, launching on a very special season ahead of us. Instead what we've got is, I believe, extremely amateur looking. I'm not a roundie but at least it's well designed and balanced.

Anyway, as you say, time to accept it and move on. For now...

Stick with the light or pale blue we’ve had on previous badges and shirts mate… the shade you keep using is truly spoiling all of your wonderful designs. Something more subtle and less saturated - I would honestly like to see them all again with the proper kind of blue.

Cheers 👍

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Don’t bother with shitty yellow though 😆 Gold all the way 🙌

Edited by Jas10

1 hour ago, Jas10 said:

Stick with the light or pale blue we’ve had on previous badges and shirts mate… the shade you keep using is truly spoiling all of your wonderful designs. Something more subtle and less saturated - I would honestly like to see them all again with the proper kind of blue.

Cheers 👍

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Our new claret appears to be darker also. Unless it's a temporary Heck thing for the 150 years

2 hours ago, Jas10 said:

Cheers 👍

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

anything for you brother

all crests.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Our new claret appears to be darker also. Unless it's a temporary Heck thing for the 150 years

Ever since I joined villatalk about 20 years ago people have been moaning that our claret isn’t dark enough. So it would be nice if it was finally right now 😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Ever since I joined villatalk about 20 years ago people have been moaning that our claret isn’t dark enough. So it would be nice if it was finally right now 😂

Even Villa talk can’t decide what’s the correct Claret for itself 🤭

IMG-0260.jpg

• Haha 3

Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, Muller Yogurt Long Sleever said:

anything for you brother

all crests.jpg

The AV logo at the bottom would have been a wonderful alternate logo for the the back of shirt, baseball caps, etc.  It's the type of creativity the club totally missed on when doing this rebrand. It's kind of what I expected from an American marketer like Heck.

Edited by nepal_villan
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, Muller Yogurt Long Sleever said:

anything for you brother

all crests.jpg

These are utterly amazing… I’ve seen nothing better. You’ve completely covered it and there are so many brilliant, high quality options here.

It’s an utter travesty that we’re not going to get anything like this or approaching this standard… I think it proves that a gold, detailed lion is the best possible and best looking option.

Club have really cheaped out and opted or settled for shit basically… it’s a real shame, there are many people out there (such as yourself) that could come up with an array of brilliant designs that would all work and vastly improve on anything we have or have ever had…

there clearly hasn’t even been any proper or thought out form of consultation or even expert/professional advice (imagine how many of these kinds of people we have in the fanbase that can all lend their knowledge and expertise) and guidance… it’s just the laziest possible and least amount of effort, just not good enough.

Weak and cheap.

FFS man 😔 we are stuck with what’s been forced on us now.

Imagine a proper, classy badge reveal alongside the high quality adidas stuff we will be getting… no such luck. Plus… it’s the 150th anniversary too 🤦‍♂️

• Like 2

Love the round badges there too… so much better than anything that’s been seen or proposed before.

Plenty of excellent shield versions.

Standalone lion look class too.

So so good 👏 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Let's just play in black 

20 hours ago, Muller Yogurt Long Sleever said:

anything for you brother

all crests.jpg

Row 2, Column 1 is pretty much what I've settled on now. With the round badge lion, it looks and scales down better:

New-Crest-New-Lion-Stereo00small.png

I'd prefer a gas lamp shape, or a diamond, or a 1957 style crest, or something else unique, but it's a start.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Row 2, Column 1 is pretty much what I've settled on now. With the round badge lion, it looks and scales down better:

New-Crest-New-Lion-Stereo00small.png

I'd prefer a gas lamp shape, or a diamond, or a 1957 style crest, or something else unique, but it's a start.

spacer.png

• Haha 3

21 hours ago, Muller Yogurt Long Sleever said:

anything for you brother

all crests.jpg

Is there anywhere we can access high resolution image of each badge? Would love to use as avatar 

Â