Future Club Crest & Brand Identity

fightoffyour

I am starting to think more and more that we are reversing plans to change the badge and will in fact reinstate the Lerner badge from next year on. Perhaps not for the long long term, but short to medium term.

Just a hunch.

9 minutes ago, rbcuk said:

Well on the betano site they have put the new badge on the press release 

https://kaizengaming.com/aston-villa-and-betano-announce-principal-partnership/

They'll have got that image from us, it seems a bit strange that we'd expect them not to use it.

And then makes it even more strange that we announce the deal but nothing about the badge. Another Heck masterclass. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Imagine spending millions on all the marketing agencies all the fan participation just to end with with tiny derivative of the Lerner badge... the round badge had to go it was too similar to Chelsea unfortunately, but this is uninspiring. 

So Heck kept us all in suspense over the new badge release for what reason exactly? To hope CL would make us all forget our next badge will have a wordart style drop shadow on it? The detailed lion on the second leak made the badge look ok. This version is an embarrassment tbh, I just can't believe how amateur it looks  

Edited by trom_borg
  • Like 3

20 hours ago, Davkaus said:

All this talk of improving our badge and branding and we send Martinez out wearing a shirt that has the lion upside down... How does that happen, and how does it make it not just onto any replica shirt, but one we're sending a player out to wear in the Premier League.

**** hell, Castore.

I spotted this during the game and thought I was going mad

I can't comprehend how the badge can be right wayup and just the lion be upside down. How the **** does that happen? :D 

The badge is fine. Any negativity towards it will die down. It has Aston Villa/1874 - it is a major improvement on Lerner's one. It stands out more than the round one. Also has a greater potential to be stand alone on a shirt.

The bigger issue is VP Re-development - that is key to future success.

• Like 3
  • Shocked 1

Just now, Stevo985 said:

It didn't and it wasn't.

And it was a million times better than the current badge or any of the "leaks" we've seen

Go to any social media where the Villa round badge was shown prominently, everyone was mentioning it asking why we are having Chelsea badge suddenly.  That's the power of branding, we can't be associated with Chelsea that's why it has to go. 

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Alakagom said:

Go to any social media where the Villa round badge was shown prominently, everyone was mentioning it asking why we are having Chelsea badge suddenly.  That's the power of branding, we can't be associated with Chelsea that's why it has to go. 

I disagree entirely.

The round badge wasn't perfect, for the reasons you've mentioned.

But it is so far and above an improvement on both the Lerner badge and the "new" badge, that the idea it "has to go" is nonsense.

We're throwing the baby out with the bathwater. The entire thing is a farce

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 3

Just now, Stevo985 said:

I disagree entirely

What do you disagree with? If you want to grow a brand and the fans are asking why are you Chelsea is that not a problem in your eyes? 

Just now, Villa_Vids said:

Yes it is. You are just being negative for the sake of it.

For the sake of what?

I'm not a negative person. in fact I'm an overwhelmingly optimistic poster when it comes to villa.

The new badge is completely shit. it's far worse than the Lerner badge and the round badge. And the vast, VAST majority of fans appear to share this view.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, Alakagom said:

What do you disagree with? If you want to grow a brand and the fans are asking why are you Chelsea is that not a problem in your eyes? 

3 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I disagree entirely.

The round badge wasn't perfect, for the reasons you've mentioned.

But it is so far and above an improvement on both the Lerner badge and the "new" badge, that the idea it "has to go" is nonsense.

We're throwing the baby out with the bathwater. The entire thing is a farce

People aren't going to confuse it with the Chelsea badge. And if they do it would be extremely temporary.

If it's really an issue then tweak it and make it better. Don't completely bin it and give us a dog shit 12 year old art project as a replacement

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, floody555 said:

Chris Heck has tweeted the same but used the old Lerner badge 🤦‍♂️

Amateur hour here. 

15 minutes ago, trom_borg said:

So Heck kept us all in suspense over the new badge release for what reason exactly? To hope CL would make us all forget our next badge will have a wordart style drop shadow on it? The detailed lion on the second leak made the badge look ok. This version is an embarrassment tbh, I just can't believe how amateur it looks  

Yes.

Â