Pau Torres

Delphinho123

On 28/02/2024 at 13:04, duke313 said:

Any pictures of Pau in training.  I wonder will he now not be risked v Luton if Konsa is back? Unless Konsa isn't ready.

Surely one of them will be fit for Saturday 

I wouldn't rush him back, if there is any question at all. The same goes with Konsa, although I do hope one of them will be ready. We need them back by the Spurs game at least. 🤞

On 27/02/2024 at 14:56, PeterSw said:

45 mins against Forest proved enough for him. Same again against Luton.. start him, score 3 unanswered, take him off and put him in the hyperbaric chamber

Good idea although would prefer carbonite freezing à la Han Solo.

19 minutes ago, MapleVilla said:

I wonder if we're purposely not showing any pics of Pau training just to keep Luton guessing. 

Given we displayed Konsa for all to see and then not a hint of Pau - I doubt Pau will be starting vs Luton at this point.

Maybe will see the bench, but whatever combination of Lenglet/Chambers/Konsa should be able to get the job done.

And if all else fails, McGinn can play CB at the rate he's shifting positions around.

Edited by DJBOB
  • Like 1

I could wax lyrical about Pau, from now until midnight.....but I still want a dominant "in the air" Centre back alongside him.

I still see Mings as that player, but right now, it's not possible.

Jarrad Branthwaite, for the squad, maybe.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, TRO said:

I could wax lyrical about Pau, from now until midnight.....but I still want a dominant "in the air" Centre back alongside him.

Or the player that plays alongside him at Everton who a few on here dont rate but he's dominant in both areas.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, TRO said:

I think the world and its dog will be trying to sign Branthwaite this summer.  But I agree if we could get him he'd be a superb fit.  He seems to be pretty good on the ball (so would fit in with our desire to play the ball out from the back) and is also good in the air.  My Evertonian mate says that he needs to move from Everton asap because he could be a Rolls Royce type player but Everton will turn him into a tractor because of the way they play.  He'd be great here but we'd face a huge battle to land him.  That said Emery and CL football (if we can make it) should be two pretty big ticks on the "why go to Villa" checklist.

Edited by allani

A Torres/Konsa partnership has worked well so far.  They haven't had as much time together recently but when they were together earlier in the season, I could see a really good partnership forming.   

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Against Luton I'd go Pau first half, Konsa second half, Chambers locked in a cupboard. 

get the key ready, we might very well need him!!

• Haha 2

40 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Against Luton I'd go Pau first half, Konsa second half, Chambers locked in a cupboard. 

I gotta feeling Pau not fit. Chambers done ok against forest tbf. Maybe worth starting to give him more minutes in case called upon again. 

5 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I gotta feeling Pau not fit. Chambers done ok against forest tbf. Maybe worth starting to give him more minutes in case called upon again. 

A few good displays from him may help us get some money for him in summer as well.

Unless his contract is up?

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

1 hour ago, PaulC said:

Or the player that plays alongside him at Everton who a few on here dont rate but he's dominant in both areas.

Dinosaur..........😆

He stops goals, he's old fashioned....hush my mouth.

Edited by TRO
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Can’t speak for Braithwaite as not seen him enough but if we had Tarkowski  in defence we would soon see how much it limits us when we are try play around at the back and beat the press. 

I accept we need dominance in the air but  being comfortable on the ball under pressure is pretty important to how we play too.

Can't we have both.....isn't that what you need for where we want to go.

1 minute ago, TRO said:

Can't we have both.....isn't that what you need for where we want to go.

Of course we can. My response was to someone that mentioned Tarkowski who certainly doesn’t have both. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, PaulC said:

Christ, no thanks.

Pau and Konsa will be a quality pairing.

Â