Pau Torres

Delphinho123

2 minutes ago, Pongo Waring said:

Football intelligence, tactical awareness, passing, timing. Pau is a proper footballer. 

We wouldn't of beaten Brighton yesterday 6-1 with Mings inplace of Pau. He just couldn't do what Pau did tactically. He helped Kamara out so much, stepping into the midfield. 

Pau takes us to the next level. The champions league. 

100%!

• Thanks 1

I think his defending has vastly improved and he even looks stronger in 1 on 1 battles now. He was always going to take time to adapt and the worst thing that could have happened was Mings getting an injury first game. Torres was well and truly thrown in the deep end. 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Pongo Waring said:

Football intelligence, tactical awareness, passing, timing. Pau is a proper footballer. 

We wouldn't of beaten Brighton yesterday 6-1 with Mings inplace of Pau. He just couldn't do what Pau did tactically. He helped Kamara out so much, stepping into the midfield. 

Pau takes us to the next level. The champions league. 

Other than that early turnover he was class personified. I also like his calm demeanor. It's important to have that in the side. He will be a leader of the team fairly soon. 

• Like 3

Tores maybe better for us at home when it’s on us to take the game to the opponent. It obviously helps when you play a team as open as Brighton. 

It’s the games where we need to do a lot of defending where Mings will be missed. In terms of defending (especially the more route one stuff) Mings is as good as they come.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

16 hours ago, DJBOB said:

Everyone else is out celebrating and Pau is at home waiting for his paella.

Not even winter yet, Pau! 

Pau and I have the same paella pan. Pau know's paella. I feel like that should be a shirt at the Villa store lol. 

Its such a difference maker when you have a centre half bringing the ball into midfield, knowing he can play a safe short ball or ping a perfectly weighted beauty 50 yards to to run on to.
It must be a nightmare to plan against.

This guy is going to be absolute different gravy for us, you just know it. I think when we get more numbers back we'll play 3 centre halves away from home with Pau the left of the 3, taking the ball into midfield.

• Thanks 1

He looked caught out for their goal but he absolutely wasn't. 

Watch it again and see how he was tempted to dive in but held back and decided to run with his man. Yes, he got done but, he gave the defence time to gain cover. Unfortunately, Carlos got caught out and allowed Chan to beat him to the ball and Konsa was our last line of defence. 

So glad he got our goal shortly afterwards. 

• Like 1

Â