Pau Torres

Delphinho123

10 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Saw both sides of him today. Excellent forward play and passing, for the vast majority of the game a cool head and a safe option at the back but can struggle with a large striker pressing him. 

He'll also struggle with a small quick striker to be fair. Absolute barge off the ball.

He possesses many qualities that make a great modern defender but he lacks physicality and pace, which are kinda important in the prem.

Edited by LxYoungAVFC

Don't get the stick in here. Obviously he's gotten turned too easily for the goal and it shows a part of his game that can be exploited at this level, but he was otherwise perfectly good? Some excellent distribution and had some key moments defensively. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, IrishVilla10 said:

I wonder if this wasn’t inches offside are we still hearing he’s a waste of money not good enough etc. So far he’s played in 2/3 different defensive combinations including 2 away games against Liverpool and Newcastle. People need to relax 

Yes this. 

It’s easy to forget our back line has been disrupted so much. I’m sure he will get up to speed.

• Like 3

With Torres starting will probably have a couple less clean sheets this season but our scoring is 🚀🚀🚀. Already have had 2 three and 1 four goal performances.  Have to take the good with the bad.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Pass for Diaby goal that was ruled out was superb. I think he will learn more as he gets experience but he was signed to have a Tyrone Mings beside him to allow him to play. What could have been we'll not know 

Well, we might find out in 6-8 months.

29 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Pass for Diaby goal that was ruled out was superb. I think he will learn more as he gets experience but he was signed to have a Tyrone Mings beside him to allow him to play. What could have been we'll not know 

I disagree. The writing was always on the wall for Tyrone as soon as Pau signed. Trying to crowbar both as left footed defenders was always going to be sun optimal as pre season proved. 

4 minutes ago, DakotaVilla said:

I disagree. The writing was always on the wall for Tyrone as soon as Pau signed. Trying to crowbar both as left footed defenders was always going to be sun optimal as pre season proved. 

I disagree. Villa are missing the leadership qualities of Mings, his physical prowess and reading of the game...

It is what it is and hopefully Villa learn to adapt.

Â