Pau Torres

Delphinho123

12 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Its a friendly, he has been used at a left back and is still getting use to the team.

Lets see how he does in more important games in his natural position 

I should have put "I know he's being played at left back" in my caveat at the start.

Also, I'm aware preseason games are friendlies 😉

Edit: I'll just take the opportunity to reiterate my point, he did not pass the eyeball test in any preseason game. I'm not writing him off.

Edited by Feidhlim

4 minutes ago, Feidhlim said:

I should have put "I know he's being played at left back" in my caveat at the start.

Also, I'm aware preseason games are friendlies 😉

Edit: I'll just take the opportunity to reiterate my point, he did not pass the eyeball test in any preseason game. I'm not writing him off.

Yeah i know you wernt. Just that i think we need to see him abut more. Im confident he is gking to be a superb signjng for us

• Thanks 1

I think to was a useful exercise to have him at LB during pre-season to give him game time and to see if he offers enough there so that every now and again we can flip out attack so Cash is the high full back instead of Moreno. 

• Like 2

He can't play LB in the Prem. Could possibly get away with it against the poorer sides but even then he's going to struggle and will be the weak point. 

Let's keep that experiment in pre season. 

Doesn't shape his body correctly when playing out wide which is why so many of his passes were misplaced. Use him on the left side of the CB once he is ready and he'll be fine. However, Mings and Konsa are currently ahead of him and deservedly so

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, villabromsgrove said:

The many mistakes he made tonight will be analysed and worked on. That is Emery's forte.

Yup. It's a new role for him, it's natural that he'd take a little time to adapt.

2 hours ago, gwi1890 said:

He isn’t playing strictly at left back

LB when defending. And he's awful at that. He's simply too slow to deal with wingers in isolation that way.

I'm shocked we didn't do Konsa, Mings, Torres, Digne as that to me would have the balance when we are attacking and more importantly imo be much more solid defensively as Konsa knows how to play as a rb. Obviously you have the mings issue in him not being a rcb but he'd never played CB before coming to us so... 

1 hour ago, The_Steve said:

Unfair to judge him too harshly in a new setup and not his natural position. He looked more comfortable when we compacted to a back three when Cash pushed up.

He's fine at that part. It's the defending that's the issue. He simply doesn't have the mobility to deal with tricky wingers. 

3 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

He's fine at that part. It's the defending that's the issue. He simply doesn't have the mobility to deal with tricky wingers. 

Might have just been Emery making sure. Was changed immediately at half time.

Â