Youri Tielemans

thejoker

56 minutes ago, ChicagoVillan1983 said:

I think a lot of players forget that they won't be working until they are 65 in the job.

Saving the majority of what you make when you have such a short career (that could end at any point) is the right way to go.

Plus he probably wants to give his kids enough to live comfortably on as well. But like does anyone actually need to live in a mansion? Like if I was rich like I'd probably have a bigger garden than youri but aside from a pool and maybe a proper football area (which he doesn't need because he can play at the training ground) then what else is there really to purchase. Most of the things that makes expensive homes really expensive are completely superfluous. 

Leicester were regularly finishing in Europe with him as their best player, he's not even in our top 5 best players.

We've come a long way in the last few seasons and built a real squad of underrated quality players.

Good player.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, oishiiniku_uk said:

Great performance from him today. Much more aggressive in his pressing and defensive work. And made a lot happen going forward too. If he can keep his all round game at this level and start finding the net again more often then he's been a great signing. That shot that hit the post was Bertie-esque!

Tbh his pressing has been quite aggressive for a while

3 hours ago, HKP90 said:

He's been excellent for me after a tricky start. I think Unai knows just how to play to his strengths now. He can be the creative key to unlock stubborn defences. He's quality.

He's still having the odd off game but for me I think I agree he's starting to understand what Emery wants from him and the importance of his versatility.

Even when he's having a quiet game he's still capable of producing a moment of skill that unlocks something for us.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DCJonah said:

He has the grealish talent of nearly every pass being perfectly weighted. 

Not every game! In our bad period he was misplacing a lot of passes. But when he's good I agree.

Give him a run of games and his form comes back. Just hope he doesn't get injured again like the list time he got up to speed.  If we can keep him fit, which may mean resting him a bit for the mid week games, then we'll see plenty more of those performances before the end of the season. 

12 hours ago, NurembergVillan said:

His incisive passing is superb. Not only accurate, but executed so quickly too.

He's now adding serious work rate to his game, like Bailey, and it's paying off.

Seems like if we're under pressure Cash ticks inside, Bailey drops deep and Youri covers Bailey's spot.

On form, we're so fluid in and out of possession.

It really is - he just sees and executes in such a fluid motion, often with just one touch to play the pass - and we're away. 

• Like 1

Thought he did okay in the first half linking up play but when the opponent starts turning up the pressure and becoming physical, Youri’s lack of athleticism starts showing. 

• Like 1

(Unsurprisingly) thought he was mostly a passenger again today, first half was hardly noticeable as we worked the ball into Olly and midfield progressed the ball fairly well, second half when that wasn’t working we needed him to be better. 

I for one would like to see Morgan (if JJ is fit) given a game in this position, it maybe tactically he doesn’t get involved, but I want my hybrid 10 to be in the pockets holding the ball, turning u to space, little one-twos and generally being busy - his press is ok (as in he tries) but in my eyes if that’s Emi B he would be on the ball way more than youri is.  1 or two well weighted through balls in a handful of games in not a decent return for me. 

• Like 2

He does well against passive teams. Athletic physical teams he is anonymous.

The way spurs play, if we have other options such as Tim next to Dougie and mcginn further forwards, I wouldn't be starting with teilemens.

• Like 1

Â