Youri Tielemans

thejoker

19 hours ago, striker said:

I thought Tielemans gave Villa a better balance in midfield when he played in pre-season along with Philogene.

Its no surprise to me with those two not playing Villa haven’t looked as dynamic going forward.

Buendia is also a loss but aside from that Villa have **** up the balance of the side.

I’m not surprised Tielemans is unhappy and it was a mistake to sell Philogene.

Philogene is that good, he's gone to Hull.

• Like 3

It's hardly an outburst.

At same time Youri needs to remember he was lynchpin of a team who finished 18th last season and his performances were a massive reason in that.

He'll be starting games next month but he obviously means premier league rather than just league cup v Everton.

Guess he saw how bad we were on opening day and expected to be straight in for Everton and Burnley but that didn't happen.

Kamara was poor v Liverpool and has had underwhelming start to the season so given he's been away with France perhaps we'll see Tielemans in v Palace. Luiz and McGinn remain undroppable to me given what we do well under UE so that's the only way he gets in currently.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

It's hardly an outburst.

At same time Youri needs to remember he was lynchpin of a team who finished 18th last season and his performances were a massive reason in that.

He'll be starting games next month but he obviously means premier league rather than just league cup v Everton.

Guess he saw how bad we were on opening day and expected to be straight in for Everton and Burnley but that didn't happen.

Kamara was poor v Liverpool and has had underwhelming start to the season so given he's been away with France perhaps we'll see Tielemans in v Palace. Luiz and McGinn remain undroppable to me given what we do well under UE so that's the only way he gets in currently.

Yeah, it's fair comment from Tielemans.

Also fair he's been left out as he's been poor when given a shot IMO.

I'd rather he complained about not playing enough after a loss...

Than for example, accidentally posting a photo of a new car to your social media...

Youri needs to settle down and earn his spot, but I don't think he has said anything outrageous.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, VillaChris said:

It's hardly an outburst.

I don't think he can play the Kamara role. Dendoncker would be a better alternative in that spot

Against certain teams - I think you can get away with playing Luiz-Tielemans and I think you'll see that combo a lot for cups and some Europeans.

Either way - he'll get his game time but he needs to really shine as MOTM to outperform player of the season Luiz, who's still in form.

He has to fight to dislodge Kamara - who hasn't had a great start - but I don't think Tielemans will improve as much as a tackler to be that CDM role.

• Like 1

On 10/09/2023 at 10:48, striker said:

I’m not surprised Tielemans is unhappy and it was a mistake to sell Philogene.

Tielemans will live. Everyone has to earn and sometimes re-earn their spot here. Could be something lost in translation, too, and it's all certainly amped up in the click-baity lower-tier football press. I suspect his ginned-up-sounding statement was given that dire spin and it's not reflective of his real feelings about his role as a team member nor his grasp of reality. Youri's an intelligent player. 

I was concerned about the JPB sale, too, but I do know it was a complicated situation. Lots of factors to balance. I think there's a buy-back clause, too.

Edited by Marka Ragnos

Neither he nor Kamara are staking an inarguable claim for the spot alongside Luiz, but credit where it's due it was a fine pass for the penalty (which was a penalty, despite the summariser pretending Richards hadn't gone straight through Watkins to get the ball). 

Â