Youri Tielemans

thejoker

7 hours ago, IrishVilla10 said:

I remember that Leicester fan journalist saying he plays a LOT of football. He’s right!

Thats 180 minutes for Belgium over two games where most players have been rotated. The manager must really rate him + he’ll come back sharp and fit.

I have a feeling Tielemans is going to surprise a few this season! 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I remember that Leicester fan journalist saying he plays a LOT of football. He’s right!

Thats 180 minutes for Belgium over two games where most players have been rotated. The manager must really rate him + he’ll come back sharp and fit.

If he does well it shouldn’t even be a surprise. He’s had one shit season when most of the team did. Before that he was a quality player and I have no doubt still is.

Id be more surprised if he flopped. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 3

13 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

Just looking at how much Rice is about to go for.

£90m fee + 200k a week wages over 5 years… I put that at roughly £140m all in.

and…

Fulham (supposedly) asking for similar for Palhinha… £120m all in?

Tielemans on a ‘free’, costing the club around £35m all in, is a damn fine bit of business. Especially when you can rotate with two already very good players in Luiz and Kamara. 

At that logic how much are Luiz and Kamara worth? Two of our best players from last season and yet with much still to learn and many years ahead of them.

Their value to Villa is also very high.

3 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

To be clear I do rate him. Just thought the early ITK friend of wife was bollocks. My misgivings re poor form and legs gone were lessened after finding out he played 6 last season more than 8 previously and was playing at the end carrying an injury 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, duke313 said:

It's mad that our midfield of McGinn, Luiz, Kamara, Ramsey and now Tielemans cost less than one Chukwuemeka 🤣

And all five's combined wages STILL a third of Dignes!

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, duke313 said:

It's mad that our midfield of McGinn, Luiz, Kamara, Ramsey and now Tielemans cost less than one Chukwuemeka 🤣

I love that Dendoncker our Belgian international just gets left out to suit the argument.  Still 30.9 mill all in.  For a midfield that if we sold all today would get over 200 mill   and not to the Saudis either  

There seems to be a lot of unbelievable negativity around villa fans at the moment. I really can’t quite understand it. Why on earth are people so agitated? Most villa fans have never had it so good.

Anyway. Here’s a bit of shameless positivity. Signing Youri on a free is easily the best bit of business that any Premier League team has done so far. Up the Youri. Up the Villa.

• Like 4

23 hours ago, M_Afro said:

There seems to be a lot of unbelievable negativity around villa fans at the moment. I really can’t quite understand it. Why on earth are people so agitated? Most villa fans have never had it so good.

Anyway. Here’s a bit of shameless positivity. Signing Youri on a free is easily the best bit of business that any Premier League team has done so far. Up the Youri. Up the Villa.

I suspect it will end up being the best bit of business this whole window. The value over the course of his contract, and the ability to sell him in a few years time for pure FFP profit if that's what we want, is at its worst, great business. 

Alternatively he's become a world class midfielder that can push us on and we laugh at how are top 4 midfield cost us less than a Chukwuemeka.

• Like 1

On 22/06/2023 at 16:24, M_Afro said:

I think it's cos we all realise that this is our chance. Possibly our only chance in at least a generation to mix it with the big boys. 

The stakes are massively high. Everyone is nervous and they don't want us to waste this golden opportunity. 

In some folk this nervousness will manifest as negativity, at least in part because they want to be reassured that we won't miss the golden ticket.

• Like 1

Â