Youri Tielemans

thejoker

1 minute ago, duke313 said:

Not at all. It's a Belgian news channel doing an interview with a Belgian footballer whilst on international duty with Belgium. Added to the fact he's still a Leicester player until 30th June, not that weird at all.

Exactly what I was hoping to hear 😅. Forgot he was on international duty.

Now, let's hope he was just playing up to the local media, and doesn't actually expect Dendoncker to be here when he arrives 😬

1 hour ago, MrBlack said:

Now, let's hope he was just playing up to the local media, and doesn't actually expect Dendoncker to be here when he arrives 😬

Why dendoncker is a perfectly fine player and is good squad depth. We have ambitions of playing over 60 games next year between conference league, prem and the 2 domestic cups. 

That combined with international call ups means we will need a lot of rotation as Luiz, McGinn, Kamara and Tielemans could be involved in 50+ games within a calendar year without proper rotation. 

15 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

He hasn't signed with us yet. 

Not sure that makes any difference. He's agreed to join us and talking to a tabloid about why he is. He could easily have done that on the phone to us first. I get that we're perhaps leaving him to his international duty first maybe, so then if he wants to speak to a local outfit then fair enough.

8 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

Why dendoncker is a perfectly fine player and is good squad depth. We have ambitions of playing over 60 games next year between conference league, prem and the 2 domestic cups. 

That combined with international call ups means we will need a lot of rotation as Luiz, McGinn, Kamara and Tielemans could be involved in 50+ games within a calendar year without proper rotation. 

Agreed, it wasn't entirely serious, just a bad joke clearly. 

But of the midfielders we might like to move on,  he's definitely one we'd accept a bid for, and probably the only one we can expect a reasonable return on. 

Luton won't spend more than a few mill on Nakamba, Sanson won't go for much more to France. If we want to turn a profit on someone, he's the man. 

38 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Not sure that makes any difference. He's agreed to join us and talking to a tabloid about why he is. He could easily have done that on the phone to us first. I get that we're perhaps leaving him to his international duty first maybe, so then if he wants to speak to a local outfit then fair enough.

Legally he cant say anything on our site yet as he isnt our player unril july. You cant stop players talking to the press. Just not going to happen. 

3 hours ago, MrBlack said:

Why do Villa fans believe we should only have a squad of 15 first team players and not a squad of 25+ 

Dendonker is clearly a quality squad player to be having. 144 PL games and 31 Belgian appearances. 85th percentile on pass completion success in top 5 leagues. 95th + percentile in tackles and interceptions. 

He's really a good player and the worry is he won't want to be squad depth. 

I think Tielemans getting to stay in his house and his family don't need to move helps him settle super fast. Especially as he has a mate there in Dendonker

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MrBlack said:

Agreed, it wasn't entirely serious, just a bad joke clearly. 

But of the midfielders we might like to move on,  he's definitely one we'd accept a bid for, and probably the only one we can expect a reasonable return on. 

Luton won't spend more than a few mill on Nakamba, Sanson won't go for much more to France. If we want to turn a profit on someone, he's the man. 

We'd move on Sanson, Nakamba, Traore, Coutinho before Dendonker. If we sold Dendonker we would have to sign a replacement. 

The way we play we only have 4 players currently that would be in the central midfield  . Kamara Luiz Tielemans and Donck.

Either a 4231 or a 442

JJ and McGinn play wider now  

We will not be selling Donck . If anyone is under threat it might be Bailey and Buendia but i can see them both staying  one more season  4 2 3 1 BELOW based on Williams taking the plunge. 

WATKINS

DURAN 

NEW STRIKER 

JJ                       MCGINN            WILLIAMS

AJ                      BUENDIA           BAILEY

KAMARA       LUIZ 

DONCK          TIELEMANS  

MORENO   MINGS       KONSA       new RB 

New lb        New CB     CARLOS      CASH

MARTINEZ

New GK

Sell Traore Davis Coutinho Chambers Digne 

Sanson Nakamba etc etc 

We might also bring in Tim as well to play some games. Depends on how Emery looks at the youngsters. Got a feeling AJ can get some games playing same position as his brother. 

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Read that little snippet.

Anyone reckon we could see Emery playing him somewhere he , nor we even realised he could excel at? lol

He was played at 6 last season but was 8 before that. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, duke313 said:

Not at all. It's a Belgian news channel doing an interview with a Belgian footballer whilst on international duty with Belgium. Added to the fact he's still a Leicester player until 30th June, not that weird at all.

Yeah, well, you can prove anything with facts.

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

He was played at 6 last season but was 8 before that. 

You reckon similarly to Luiz, he could do with a slight shift back towards an 8?

If what you mention is true, possibly not a coincidence that he never performed as well last season, as well as the rest of that team obs.

7 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

You reckon similarly to Luiz, he could do with a slight shift back towards an 8?

If what you mention is true, possibly not a coincidence that he never performed as well last season, as well as the rest of that team obs.

Back? I think he's cover for most of midfield. Kamara/Dendoncker play 6 Luiz pretty much 6/8 hybrid and Mcginn and Ramsey 8s I don't think Tielemans bought to come straight into starting 11

• Like 1

Tielemans might sometimes play deeper, but if anyone expecting him to be anywhere near as good as Kamara or even Luiz defensively then I think they're in for a surprise, he's like a much much better version of Henri Lansbury as a player which I don't mean as a diss to either, just similar styles and qualities, if he does play as one of the midfield two we would probably have to make adjustments to other parts of the team, maybe Moreno wouldn't be able to be as attacking as normal as would need more cover in defence, or possibly play McGinn at the same time as one of the wide midfielders.

32 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

The way we play we only have 4 players currently that would be in the central midfield  . Kamara Luiz Tielemans and Donck.

Either a 4231 or a 442

JJ and McGinn play wider now  

We will not be selling Donck . If anyone is under threat it might be Bailey and Buendia but i can see them both staying  one more season  4 2 3 1 BELOW based on Williams taking the plunge. 

WATKINS

DURAN 

NEW STRIKER 

JJ                       MCGINN            WILLIAMS

AJ                      BUENDIA           BAILEY

KAMARA       LUIZ 

DONCK          TIELEMANS  

MORENO   MINGS       KONSA       new RB 

New lb        New CB     CARLOS      CASH

MARTINEZ

New GK

Sell Traore Davis Coutinho Chambers Digne 

Sanson Nakamba etc etc 

We might also bring in Tim as well to play some games. Depends on how Emery looks at the youngsters. Got a feeling AJ can get some games playing same position as his brother. 

Who’s AJ, Aaron Ramsey? 

12 minutes ago, useless said:

Tielemans might sometimes play deeper, but if anyone expecting him to be anywhere near as good as Kamara or even Luiz defensively then I think they're in for a surprise, he's like a much much better version of Henri Lansbury as a player which I don't mean as a diss to either, just similar styles and qualities, if he does play as one of the midfield two we would probably have to make adjustments to other parts of the team, maybe Moreno wouldn't be able to be as attacking as normal as would need more cover in defence, or possibly play McGinn at the same time as one of the wide midfielders.

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7j6qoxlyqefyzmxmva9

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Read that little snippet.

Anyone reckon we could see Emery playing him somewhere he , nor we even realised he could excel at? lol

Hmmmm, if we cash in on Martinez

• Haha 1

Â