Race for Champions League - 2023/2024

Don_Simon

53 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

The bitterness is crazy. They all seem convinced we have breached FFP.

I'm sure the tired old Hawkeye thing is getting a good workout too.

• Haha 1

Remember back to the beginning of the year. We were just hammered by Newcastle. The Sky team interviewing Sir Alex with him saying how impressed he was by the performance. Those wallies nodding cause they assumed he was taking about Newcastle. But nah he could see what Unai was all about. God I am loving this 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

Don't wanna put a downer on it. But we have limped over the line with all our injuries, we need to spend around 200 mill to get anywhere near a trophy next season I would think.

If the original comment was with regards to the league cup or Fa Cup we really don't do we

Some big games in the CL that go down in the history books, competitive in the league (obviously hoping top 4 again) win the league cup... I'd bite your hand off

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Still waiting for that second season collapse the Arsenal fans bleat on about. Maybe it's all going to happen on the final day, with Manchester United also pipping us to 4th as was preordained.

To be fair we did have a very limp end to the season after the win at Arsenal. Fortunately for us though Spurs had an even worse set of results 😁

I was drunk in Belgrade when I started this thread. We'd just beaten Brighton and clinched Europa Conference League football. 

Half tongue in cheek, half hopeful.

For it to have been achieved, with the injuries we've had, 50+ games on top of the aforementioned injuries, is just beyond words. 

Soak it in Villans, every single one of us deserve this moment.

"Where were you when we were shit? Sat in the Holte End... mate".

UTV.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, CVByrne said:

Ollie still looks gutted he might not get 20 goals 

Think at some point he was hoping to get more goals then Haaland 

1 hour ago, LondonLax said:

To be fair we did have a very limp end to the season after the win at Arsenal. Fortunately for us though Spurs had an even worse set of results 😁

Don't really see it. We had Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal, City in our last 10 games just like Spurs and we got 5 points to their 0, which also happens to be the gap between us right now. We're also in with a shout for 70 points which is pretty much always enough for top 4. That's assuming we even had any expectations for top 4 to begin with. Arsenal fans just chat shit, to put it kindly 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

He still might....:D

4 hours ago, Withnail said:

Remember back to the beginning of the year. We were just hammered by Newcastle. The Sky team interviewing Sir Alex with him saying how impressed he was by the performance. Those wallies nodding cause they assumed he was taking about Newcastle. But nah he could see what Unai was all about. God I am loving this 

That was hardly a mystical prediction from Ferguson was it. We'd been about the second best team in the premier league for the last six months of the season before. 

1 hour ago, Tommo_b said:

how is he for non penalty goals?

im also going to guess that he's top for goal contributions? he's top of the assists table isnt he?