Race for Champions League - 2023/2024

Don_Simon

2 hours ago, Nor-Cal Villan said:

i have numerous mates who are spurs. i work with loads in the office. my boss is one.

they all want them to lose. postecoglou is totally out of touch here.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, MaVilla said:

amazing that Spurs have beaten Man City the last 4 times at home, without Man City scoring a single goal, what the heck is with that!?!?

City beat a near full strength Spurs in January in the cup

7 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

Goldstein tomorrow on talkSPORT, ‘Villa dropping points last night Benty, can The mighty Manchester United sneak into fourth’

I still listen, but I properly despise that Goldstien guy. not sure how anybody could like him. I really think Bent just does it for the money, an don't enjoy working with him.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

I still listen, but I properly despise that Goldstien guy. not sure how anybody could like him. I really think Bent just does it for the money, a don't enjoy working with him.

I don’t even think he’s a real person, he’s a character like Borat surely? 

1 hour ago, tomav84 said:

i have numerous mates who are spurs. i work with loads in the office. my boss is one.

they all want them to lose. postecoglou is totally out of touch here.

Even if he knows that he can't say it. 

• Like 3

It's clear to me that the Spursiest thing that could happen now is for them to beat Man City and then draw or lose to Sheff Utd.

Posted (edited)

Spurs wanting to lose when top4 is still a faint possibility is unbelievably pathetic and small time. If it wasn't us they were up against for top 4 I'd hope their players would smash City. 

Well  if we're asking for stuff a draw would suit both interests! Secures us 4th and gives arsenal the advantage. Perfect outcome for me

Edited by Rodders
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, phily85 said:

We are city for the night

city for the night

McGinn said after the match last night: "We'll all have our Man City tops on for the Spurs game"!

• Like 1

Ideal result tonight is clearly a draw. How brilliant for City to not cheat their way to a 4th title and for us to guarantee ourselves champions league football.

It won't happen because City are an absolute machine. And they're in form. Spurs are not and the crowd won't really care whether they win or not.  Its a complete win:win situation for Spurs fans (in their mind).

City are going to score for fun tonight. 

Posted (edited)

I just explained the scenario to the for tonight to the missus for us finishing top 4 but then added how Spurs fans want to lose.

She gave me a look as if to say football fans are a strange bunch.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

I think with some Spurs fans it's not just about wanting to deny Arsenal the title, but actually wanting to qualify for the Europa League, because they think they'd have a better chance of winning that than the Champions League and have to remember for Spurs Champions League isn't a novelty anymore and they're desperate to win a trophy now, maybe not wanting to miss out on top four per se, but being much less bothered about it than us because of those reasons

4 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Ideal result tonight is clearly a draw. How brilliant for City to not cheat their way to a 4th title and for us to guarantee ourselves champions league football.

It won't happen because City are an absolute machine. And they're in form. Spurs are not and the crowd won't really care whether they win or not.  Its a complete win:win situation for Spurs fans (in their mind).

City are going to score for fun tonight. 

Despite their cheating, i'd rather City won the league rather than Arsenal and their Emery hating fans.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, duke313 said:

Despite their cheating, i'd rather City won the league rather than Arsenal and their Emery hating fans.

You have a point. It would also mean arsenal can't have the bragging rights that they beat City even when they'd cheated. And Arteta is a complete dick. 

You've sold me. City to win, then have their title stripped in 3 year's time when the case resolves. 

5 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I just explained the scenario for tonight for us finishing top 4 but then added how Spurs fans want to lose.

She gave me a look as if to say football fans are a strange bunch.

Do you often talk to your cat? 

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

It would but I couldn't bear the uncertainty that a close game would bring.  Citeh to be 3 up in 10 minutes please.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, duke313 said:

This for me entirely. I hate Arsenal for the way they treated Emery and their fans for the sneering contempt they showed him. It would be a real pleasure to see them miss out on the premier  league because of the 6 points we took off them.

• Like 3