Europa Conference League 23/24

HalfTimePost

20 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Are we in or do we have to win a game to get in?

Play-Offs. So have to play one game (home + away) to get to group stages (which is eight groups of four)  

3 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Premier League: Aston Villa

Ligue Un: Rennes currently.

• Could be Lille or Monaco too, very unlikely shout for Lyon)

Bundesliga: Eintracht Frankfurt

• Unless they win the DfB Pokal final, then it will be 6th place Bayer Leverkusen

Serie A: Juventus currently (as Inter won Coppa Italia)

• 7th place gets it. Could be Juve, Roma, Atalanta or AC Milan

La Liga: Girona currently

• Could be Girona, Osasuna, Athletic Bilbao or (with a miracle) Sevilla

Its more about the smaller teams for me, one in Holland or Belgium that we can take numbers to and then some completely random ones out east, Lithuania or Estonia that kind of thing

We have the European master in charge, we can get through a playoff round. 

I'm buzzing. Give us some batshit crazy club in the middle of nowhere, that's what the Europa Conference is all about :D

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, dudevillaisnice said:

I actually don’t mind the play off round game. We have the right manager in charge now who will take Europe seriously.

Yeah. The difference between now and 2009/2010 is that we'll be well up for it instead of just treating it as an annoyance.

3 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

so whats the score with the qualification round?, how does it all work?

For us it’s simple: the play off round is the last round of qualification. 64 teams play a 2-leg match to get into the groups. No teams get straight into the group stage.

Before that it’s more complicated. There are 3 more qualifying rounds prior to that featuring champions from the Vatican City and other similar size countries, plus more teams dropping into it who lose CL and EL qualifying rounds.

• Thanks 3