Lionel Messi

villarule123

20 minutes ago, PussEKatt said:

There is "one thing"that no one has thought of.Messi has won everything there is to win,except for a winners medal from the toughest league in the world.So,just maybe,with E.Martinez help he actually might consider signing.

He has enough $$$,he has won everything,what else is there     that is worth doing?!

Depends if he feels ready for semi-retirement and take the dirty Saudi megabucks.  I suspect he put everything into peaking at the World Cup but it's clear he cannot put in a defensive shift at all (probably hasn't for a few years now) any more.  You would need to build the entire team around Messi putting all his efforts into when he has the ball like the Argies did.  That's hard in most European leagues but especially in the PL.  His personal output would still be pretty incredible and we could do with his free kicks so I'd still love it!

Edit: it's a shame we don't have that Vegas team to dangle as a carrot for the future.  Could've given him a chunk of that.

Edited by sharkyvilla
  • Like 2

54 minutes ago, PussEKatt said:

There is "one thing"that no one has thought of.Messi has won everything there is to win,except for a winners medal from the toughest league in the world.So,just maybe,with E.Martinez help he actually might consider signing.

He has enough $$$,he has won everything,what else is there     that is worth doing?!

Europa Conference League tho?

30 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Gonna be awkward for Messi when he joins and sees Bertrand Traore doing things in training even he can't do.

In their first seasons in Ligue 1, Traore scored 13 goals while Messi scored 6. One player is clear of the other, and it sure isn't the Argentinian. 

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Gonna be awkward for Messi when he joins and sees Bertrand Traore doing things in training even he can't do.

I'm going to send Messi a few clips of Berts mecurial cross field passes in his own third for him to marvel at.

• Haha 1

I know this is a joke thread, but I don't think I would want Messi even if he would come to us. Watching him on and off over the last year or so, at his age he will struggle in the prem and it would be a shame to see a great player reduced to bit part performances. Yes, it would be a massive statement and probably pay for itself in shirt sales, but from a footballing perspective - not sure it would work for him as a player. Mercurial talent and moments of magic, yes, but his opportunities to demonstrate them would be very restricted in the prem.

That said, if he did sign, I would wet myself and deny all knowledge of the above. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, TheStagMan said:

I know this is a joke thread, but I don't think I would want Messi even if he would come to us.

it would be a sensation and a total spectacle, but it would likely have a net-adverse effect, similar to Ronaldo back at United. 

• Like 2

We don't get any money from shirt sales. Granted we would probably immediately look to redraw the contract, but a company pays us for the honour of making our shirts and the proceeds from the sales. Clubs prefer this as it's a known amount of revenue they can forecast from. It's only clubs like Man U that get paid by a company and get a % return on each shirt sale and it's something small like 5-10%.

If he still craves a real challenge and wants to compete at the highest level in the best league, he should sign with a Prem club. He doesn't need more money. It should be about the experience. Brentford need a forward with Toney suspended. He could rent a luxury West London condo or just live in a swanky hotel for a year getting paid a modest wage

12 hours ago, zab6359 said:

For cod sake can’t believe this thread is still open.

as for Messi count me trout!

I’d rather people meet it head on rather than skate around the subject. 

Merely opening the thread shows ambition, we can’t let it flounder. 

It might be a load of pollocks, but it just could be harpooning, if so, we will have to get a good sturgeon in for the medical, that I expect will be held on Fish Friday. I'm gurnard be carping on and on about landing such a whopper, eel do the job in my opinion, I'm convinced that UE will get a tuna out of him and I don't doubt that he can hake the PL! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Â