Lionel Messi

villarule123

On 25/05/2023 at 16:38, av1 said:

I feel for the posters that don’t use VT daily. You know some poor sod has just logged in the first in a couple of days, saw a 6 page thread on Messi and if not keeled over, probably ripped their c##ks before realising it’s nonsense. 

We have a lot to answer for 😂

Haven't been in On-Topic for a few days. It's still nice we are in talks with Messi though :ph34r:

2 minutes ago, allani said:

I see the BBC have said that Messi is due to announce his next club imminently and that it will not be PSG or Barcelona....  It's happening. 😉

i can see it now......

Martinez to Messi.....

"brother, you know you wouldnt have won that World Cup without me, or that Copa America, now....how about you drop your wages and come and play with me at Villa for 12 months......as a "thankyou" to me..."

😆

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

He’s won everything there is to win so why not finish off his playing career in europe with the founding fathers of league football - He owes a big debt to William McGregor as well as Martinez 😉😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, thabucks said:

He’s won everything there is to win so why not finish off his playing career in europe with the founding fathers of league football - He owes a big debt to William McGregor as well as Martinez 😉😂

he owes martinez one......time to cash it in...... :P

• Like 1

On 24/05/2023 at 19:20, fightoffyour said:

The comments that Unai made about there only being 2 players in the World he would ignore his principles about signings suggest to me this is likely already in the works and soon to be announced. Added on top of Emi's comments and...no smoke without fire and all that.

HashtagWelcomeLionel!

Any day now

22 minutes ago, allani said:

I see the BBC have said that Messi is due to announce his next club imminently and that it will not be PSG or Barcelona....  It's happening. 😉

If he’s about to announce a club then why aren’t there any strong rumours about which one? Because only one club in world football is this good at transfer secrecy.

He will be unveiled without warning just like Ings was. Also explains why we needed to get Young off the books.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

If he’s about to announce a club then why aren’t there any strong rumours about which one? Because only one club in world football is this good at transfer secrecy.

He will be unveiled without warning just like Ings was. Also explains why we needed to get Young off the books.

Messi being transitioned to RB in his dotage?   but we use our LB as our attacking FB.   Maybe we'll go back to Slippy G's strategy of using the FB's for attacking width and have midfielders cover defensively.   He was ahead of his time.

• Like 1

Scenes when Messi arrives at Birmingham International with Villa TV cameras seeing him off his private jet & all along Marco Asensio was a smoke screen 😉 well played Villa, very well played 👌

• Like 2

6 hours ago, il_serpente said:

Messi being transitioned to RB in his dotage?   but we use our LB as our attacking FB.   Maybe we'll go back to Slippy G's strategy of using the FB's for attacking width and have midfielders cover defensively.   He was ahead of his time.

It's not a like for like exchange, just Young was an obvious high earner to cull. That said, if we could shift Digne then we could cover Messi's wages twice over.

2 hours ago, fightoffyour said:

It's not a like for like exchange, just Young was an obvious high earner to cull. That said, if we could shift Digne then we could cover Messi's wages twice over.

Digne has agree to a pay cut of a billion a week if we get Messi.

10 minutes ago, zab6359 said:

I remember the days when speculation was just that and had to stay in the summer/winter transfer thread, oh the good old days 😂

Just don't click the threads? 

• Like 1

Â