Lionel Messi

villarule123

22 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Just don't click the threads? 

You expect me to change my browsing style from clicking “next unread topic” and then spending the next 30 seconds figuring out what thread I’m in to “go to topic listing”?

You sir, can do one. 

7 hours ago, fightoffyour said:

It's not a like for like exchange, just Young was an obvious high earner to cull. That said, if we could shift Digne then we could cover Messi's wages twice over.

I'm not sure even Emery would be able to loan out Digne for only a week in order to raise the money to pay Messi's salary for half a season.  If we loan out Digne for longer than a month we can probably afford Harry Kane and Bruno Fernandez too (but then pack them both off to play in Egypt on loan) ... this would also dramatically reduce the number of penalties we concede each season.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Jono62 said:

I've heard he's using Digne's contract here as a bargaining tool for a mega salary in Saudi Arabia.

**** we’ve got no chance then. And not do the Saudis for that matter.

Edited by fightoffyour

7 hours ago, allani said:

I'm not sure even Emery would be able to loan out Digne for only a week in order to raise the money to pay Messi's salary for half a season. 

Regardless of Digne, If we were to pay Messi £200k a week for two seasons that works out as £20.8m in wages over two seasons (based on a calender year of 52 weeks).

There is no transfer fee involved as he is a free agent.

It is not as unrealistic or impossible as many are trying to make out.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Listen, I love fanny. But there's absolutely no chance I'm getting any any time soon.

Best find yourself a woman then..

Mate.    B)

Spoiler

There are also 'services' you can pay for...   wink  wink

7 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

I heard Digne is willing to pay 1% of his 1m a day salary to push this through.

Not sure if I'm missing something, but why is everyone referring to Digne so much?....    I thought it was a thread related to Messi.

1 minute ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Best find yourself a woman then..

Mate.    B)

Reveal hidden contents

There are also 'services' you can pay for...   wink  wink

Married, 2 young kids, and I've got the Edgebaston and Lords Ashes tests booked away from home with the lads. 

I'm getting absof**kinglutely nothing mate. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

Digne earns so much money it casts a shadow over all threads, not just this one.  Currently sandwiched between China and The US as the world's largest economy. 

And who negotiated and signed that deal off I wonder???   🤔

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

And who negotiated and signed that deal off I wonder???   🤔

You're missing the point of the joke. 

The rumours abound that he has this gigantic wage packet.  Way OTT. But rather like something else it's all just rumour and nobody really knows which is why posters keep taking the piss about how much he earns in various threads. It's become a metaphor for nonsense. 

Â