Lionel Messi

villarule123

It won’t happen but commercially it makes sense. Could you imagine how many shirts we’d sell and sponsors falling over themselves to get in on the action?

1 hour ago, jim said:

It won’t happen but commercially it makes sense. Could you imagine how many shirts we’d sell and sponsors falling over themselves to get in on the action?

Yes because that's what gets me moist about signing Messi, the shirt sales lol

• Haha 3

Why haven't the mods closed this thread yet?  There still isn't a single credible transfer link for Messi to Villa other than a throwaway joke from Emi Martinez.  Do we need to make 30 pages of fish puns in order to close this?  

I guess I'll have to tuna in tomorrow and see if it's open or not.  

Edited by KMitch

1 minute ago, KMitch said:

Why haven't the mods closed this thread yet?  There still isn't a single credible transfer link for Messi to Villa other than a throwaway joke from Emi Martinez.  Do we need to make 30 pages of fish puns in order to close this?  

Maybe the mods know something we don’t? Either way, let them do their job.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, KMitch said:

Rumours have certainly been fin on the ground 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Ginko said:

Maybe the mods know something we don’t? Either way, let them do their job.

He is going to be announcing his new club in the next few days apparantly, so we will all know then.  

Edited by AvfcRigo82

41 minutes ago, KMitch said:

The Mods would close all the speculation threads if that was the case, since most of them are now created these days from some random post from Twitter!

Suggestions of making a mockery of the thread to attempt to get it closed isn't the answer either.

1 hour ago, KMitch said:

Why haven't the mods closed this thread yet?

It's a honeypot for the fish puns. The logic is to keep them contained within this thread so that the rest of VillaTalk can roam free, safe from these fishy activities.

On 24/05/2023 at 08:46, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Don't, I'm dreaming now....I love Messi.

IF it was to materialise, the club store have enough time to order a shit load of M's E's S's and I's along with aload of 1's and 0's

But as someone else has mentioned, there is no new shirt yet for him (or anyone) to hold up upon their arrival... 🙄

• Haha 1

There is "one thing"that no one has thought of.Messi has won everything there is to win,except for a winners medal from the toughest league in the world.So,just maybe,with E.Martinez help he actually might consider signing.

He has enough $$$,he has won everything,what else is there     that is worth doing?!

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, PussEKatt said:

There is "one thing"that no one has thought of.Messi has won everything there is to win,except for a winners medal from the toughest league in the world.So,just maybe,with E.Martinez help he actually might consider signing.

He has enough $$$,he has won everything,what else is there     that is worth doing?!

On the one hand Aston Villa is not the club to go to if you want a solid chance of picking up a Premier League winner's medal.

On the other hand, joining Villa and leading us to winning the toughest league in the world, would be an incredible, incredible achievement. Everyone would love that story. So it's high risk, high reward. And only high risk of you think he has a decent chance of going to another PL club.

Of course this is all just fantasy thinking....

Â