Lionel Messi

villarule123

Miami it is.

Tata Martino to come in as manager and Suarez and/or Busquets also joining apparently.

Someone in Saudia Arabia is gonna get a chainsaw massage for failing with this.

3 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Checked it just out of curiosity, the guy is still insane:

Statistic Per 90 Percentile
Non-Penalty Goals 0.52

Non-Penalty xG 0.47

Shots Total 3.97

Assists 0.52

xAG 0.41

npxG + xAG 0.88

Shot-Creating Actions 6.23

Passes Attempted 64.25

Pass Completion % 80.9%

Progressive Passes 9.21

Progressive Carries 3.63

Successful Take-Ons 3.03

Touches (Att Pen) 4.70

Progressive Passes Rec 6.47

Tackles 0.78

Interceptions 0.13

Blocks 0.37

Clearances 0.00

Aerials won 0.05

Too lazy to do the defensive work.   No thanks.

2 hours ago, KAZZAM said:

His return to Barcelona always felt like a pipe dream tbh and on Barce's part

They never ever had the money to make it happen. 

Will still happen. Loan to Barca in the off-season, same as Henry, Beckham, Ibra etc.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheAuthority said:

Miami is an absolute shithole of a swamp. Florida is an appalling state to live in.

Agree that Miami has a good amount of crap areas (just like every city in the US including Denver), but that's one hell of a broad brush to paint the entire state with mate.  How long did you live in the state?  

Just now, FLVillan said:

Agree that Miami has a good amount of crap areas (just like every city in the US including Denver), but that's one hell of a broad brush to paint the entire state with mate.  How long did you live in the state?  

8 1/2 years and I worked all over the state. They say the further north of Miami you go the further South you get. 

Corrupt cops, corrupt government and mental "Q anoners" everywhere. Have you ever googled your birthday and "Florida Man." Just try it and see what you get.

As for the recent PTA stuff....... e.g. the Principal who had to resign because a student observed Michaelangelo's statue of David.

It's a rancid state, with rancid politics and I for one am cheering on global warming so that uncultured, uneducated red-neck filled hellhole is under several feet of sea water as soon as possible.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

8 1/2 years and I worked all over the state. They say the further north of Miami you go the further South you get. 

Corrupt cops, corrupt government and mental "Q anoners" everywhere. Have you ever googled your birthday and "Florida Man." Just try it and see what you get.

As for the recent PTA stuff....... e.g. the Principal who had to resign because a student observed Michaelangelo's statue of David.

It's a rancid state, with rancid politics and I for one am cheering on global warming so that uncultured, uneducated red-neck filled hellhole is under several feet of sea water as soon as possible.

How ironic that you ended that rant with.... uneducated.... 😂  And you stayed 8 1/2 years???? 😀  But you're right, the millions of transplants from the northeast and midwest to the fastest-growing state in the country are all mental rednecks.  All of them.  Not a solitary educated person among them.  Wow. 

10 hours ago, Zatman said:

Wont look good for Beckham in Madrid loaning back Messi to Barcelona

Though for enough money I doubt he would care

He sacked one of his best mates so I doubt he will 😂

Huge signing for MLS reputation.  They seem to have gone away from the retirement league image they had for a few years and have shifted their recruitment to promising South Americans in recent years.

Messi in the MLS will be huge in the buildup to 2026.    

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Huge signing for MLS reputation.  They seem to have gone away from the retirement league image they had for a few years and have shifted their recruitment to promising South Americans in recent years.

Messi in the MLS will be huge in the buildup to 2026.    

There in lies why this deal was pushed, why they had to get this done. Why every MLS club chipped in to make this happen. All to help promote the world cup.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

There in lies why this deal was pushed, why they had to get this done. Why every MLS club chipped in to make this happen. All to help promote the world cup.

Adidas and Apple also paying him apparently. 

10 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Is Messi that big in the US? I am not sure he speaks English but he isnt somebody like Beckham or Pele with such a mainstream crossover appeal

He has nearly half a billion Instagram followers.  Even if you don't like football, you know who Messi is.

• Like 1

Â