Aston Villa Kits 23/24

ferguson1

8 minutes ago, Captain_Townsend said:

Pity they are still spinning that the 2022 new crest consultation was a one season homage to 1982. Don't insult our intelligence- Heck doesn't like it.

Nice kit though!

Also, it’s now 2023, so why have a homage badge the season after the anniversary … so I don’t think anyone is buying it. It’s a Purslow badge (which I happen to love) but Heck doesn’t like it 😬 

• Like 1

Better than I thought it’d be, but I’m not sure about the pattern. It’s supposed to be ‘a unique design that showcases the lions that have represented Aston Villa throughout its existence’, but I can barely make anything out except for a couple of claws. I don’t hate it, but it’s very abstract if that’s what it’s supposed to represent.

Also, it looks like they’ve gone monochrome with the badge, and whereas I don’t hate it, it seems pointless if the original colour scheme matches the colours of the kit, which it definitely does. I think the proper badge in claret and blue would look better.

Either way, I’m not buying it with that reprehensible (and ugly) sponsor on it, so I guess it doesn’t matter what I think.

The texture pattern is yet again a random glitch effect, but this time, the lion 

Why not have a scaled up detailed lion, much like this, but the new lion 

New-Lion.png?resize=236,297&ssl=1
The glitch effect is unnecessary from a visual pov, but I suspect it’s there because of production ease 🤔 maybe 

Edited by CarryOnVilla

24 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

aston-villa-castore-away-pro-shirt-2023-24_ss5_p-13375809+pv-2+u-8qdf3jpkxsumq3jlbtmf+v-k5caaj5r7log8nvyfpol.jpg

Love the all white part but WTF is the pattern?

Am I missing what it’s representing? Looks like I’ve washed it with a grey towel and it’s run and ruined a white shirt.

I love the white so hopefully I’ll like the pattern eventually or when I see it live.

Could've been a lot lot worse so I’m ok with it.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Captain_Townsend said:

Pity they are still spinning that the 2022 new crest consultation was a one season homage to 1982. Don't insult our intelligence- Heck doesn't like it.

Nice kit though!

Exactly. If it was as a homage the lion wouldn't be the bloody wrong way around!

Kits decent though.

• Like 1