Aston Villa Kits 23/24

ferguson1

6 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

That’s so dumb. The AVFC crest needs to go. It’s not a good look to consult the fans then ditch it. 

So we won't pay for a full rebrand of the whole club to replace the old badge with the new one.

Not sure how in today's marketing age they think running with 2 different,  what are ultimately brand identity will work.

I'm not moaning for the sake of it, that's really bizarre as a choice. If they didn't want to pay for a rebrand then don't change the badge in the first place?

So shit. Absolutely awful. 

I think it's the sleeves that kill it. If the shoulders were claret I might just think it's ok. 

As it happens, it's waaaaaank.

(However, the badge is v. nice)

Basically Chris Heck has come in, seen the new badge and said Boooooooorinnng.

In fairness the new badge was the safe choice, pretty bland. Obviously better than the previous monstrosity but i imagine we can do better and be a bit more dynamic/forward thinking even if it will rattle plenty of cages.

Was actually contemplating getting this season's top for the first time in yonks. So this at least saves me a good few quid.

LoLoLoL

I knew they were going to put the kibosh on the badge once Purslow was displaced and then gotten rid of.

I was never a huge fan of it but from a branding perspective this is a **** joke. Get it together Villa, shit or get off the pot.

Wow a little surprised by all this....seems a s***show.

Thought we had a new badge to replace the old one but now we have two, seriously WTF?!

The shirt is ok but the badge looks good on the shirt, that sponsor is horrible though Burger King 8. Great!

Just now, villanmac said:

Basically Chris Heck has come in, seen the new badge and said Boooooooorinnng.

In fairness the new badge was the safe choice, pretty bland. Obviously better than the previous monstrosity but i imagine we can do better and be a bit more dynamic/forward thinking even if it will rattle plenty of cages.

A few cages? Change the design after one season that the fans were consulted on and chosen.  I think it will be a lot more than a few cages rattled.  Plus don’t they have to consult with fans somewhat under the PL rules these days and why we got a good mark for doing it.

I’ll start by saying ‘I don’t generally buy the shirts’ but this one for me is a proper own goal. Having a gambling company on the front and a trade company on the sleeve sends out a horrible message. It just tells you that these people have to be forced to do the right thing and I’ll be glad never to have to look at a gambling company on the front of the shirt again.  
Then you’ve got the badge balls up. You’re either going to change the badge or you aren’t. This half is changed but we’re going to keep the old one around is just bullshit. I’m hoping it’s because they are going to work in the stadium in the next years and it’s not worth changing but if that’s the case why bother with the whole thing! 

Minor shambles. I guess it's the consequence of asking the fans while then getting rid of the CEO and bringing in a guy who's good at branding etc. We now have 2 badges next season and it may very well be that neither of them will last beyond that.

Going to Heck in a handbasket.

Very much love the new shirt, however what I don't love is the the pricing!

£70 for adults & £55 for kids, that's appalling when Wolves have same kit maker and is £60 & £45

I have 2 kids who will both want a shirt 🤦‍♂️🤣