Match Thread: Man United v Villa

limpid

2 minutes ago, John said:

How many times have their fans shouted for a penalty? It is ridiculous, must be well into double figures. Tough half, they have worked out our defensive line, but hopefully we can keep up our goal per game record and prevent them getting another🤞. A point would be a real bonus today. 

Was thinking the same. Someone with some clout really needs to call them out.  It's embarrassing.

• Like 1

Just now, MikeMcKenna said:

That we are only 1-0 down is a positive. Man United aren’t invincible and we could still nick the odd goal. The high line is our game now and we have to accept it. I would be tempted to bring on Traore for Buendia who doesnt seem to be able to hold or pass the ball. 

Buendia has been ok after a rough start.

Ramsey, however, has turned over everything he's touched.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

Interesting having a quick look through here how many people are angry about that half - I thought it was a very decent away performance, we've held them for the most part and then threatened on the break.

The goal makes a big difference though.

I think they just shaded that half with midfield dominating ours and the goal of course. We’re deffo still in it and I can see us scoring this half

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lerner's Driver said:

Yes, but it's hardly surprising is it. We are away at United and using the same players we did when we're last beaten. Still in it of course. Let's not forget that.

I would rather have freshed it up than have a performance like that. Give traore a start and maybe one of the youngsters like k young

Interesting having a quick look through here how many people are angry about that half - I thought it was a very decent away performance, we've held them for the most part and then threatened on the break.

Everything poor all happening all at once is my frustration.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

It’s our sloppy passing that’s peeved me off…not like us.

• Like 1

As the stats show we have been second best all over the pitch thus far, however one thing about us now under Emery is very rarely are we down and out. I fancy a point here, lets come out of the blocks second half newcastle style and catch them unawares!

Come on the villa1

I'd say we've played better here so far than we did against Brentford.

That’s true, but it’s fairly similar. Can’t play out and keep giving chances away. 

1 minute ago, ozvillafan said:

Buendia has been ok after a rough start.

Ramsey, however, has turned over everything he's touched.

Thought the opposite.  Buedia is really frustrating to watch sometimes - especially is pouting every time he loses the ball.

• Like 1