The Not Villa Summer Transfer Window 2023

His Name Is Death

5 hours ago, Nicho said:

I really don’t want Rice to go to City, not because he’ll help them win the league as they probably will anyway.

But because it weakens their potential rivals. Straight out of the 90s United and 2000s Chelsea play book. 

An uncompetitive league is a shit league.

Surely weakening West Ham is a good thing? They are our rivals, Man City aren't and never will be. And of course they will win the league, there's no probably about it. At least not until Newcastles dodgy money catches up and Man United get going under the Qataris.

However I'm not sure giving West Ham £80mil or whatever actually does weaken them. If they spend it better than we spe t the Grealish money then it could really boost them. Big IF tho I suppose.

Edited by GlobalVillan

6 hours ago, AshVilla said:

Spurs being linked with Micky Van de Ven from Wolfsburg.

Great young dutch CB (22) left footer with tons of potential he's also a unit at 6ft 4 and rated as the fastest CB in the Bundesliga.

Would have liked to have seen him here in the future.

j4lAYWU5MNse.gif

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Nicho said:

I really don’t want Rice to go to City, not because he’ll help them win the league as they probably will anyway.

But because it weakens their potential rivals. Straight out of the 90s United and 2000s Chelsea play book. 

Yes but its only the Saudi money thats whats wrong with football 😝

10 hours ago, Nicho said:

The Premier League has always been an uncompetitive league really.  All the top leagues are.

1 hour ago, TheMelvillan said:

Declan rice is decent and all but this valuation is complete madness!

He's worth whatever West Ham want for him.  Up to the vultures if they want to shell out.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

Wow. Can’t see this happening though. Levy will want more. Not sure Kane will want to abroad being close to the Premier League record. 

You say that, but you would think that Bayern have spoken to his brother and he has said he's keen.

• Like 1

The valuation for Declan Rice is utterly insane. Having watched him play a fair bit, I really don't understand what the fuss is about

Similarly to Grealish though, his price is based on how valuable he is to the club, rather than purely his ability. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

I'm not. Overrated and doesn't like villa so wouldn't come here even if we wanted to match what spurs offered

Maddison’s attitude is very questionable, all that talent aside. 

13 hours ago, villa89 said:

To be honest I don't think arsenal (or Liverpool) are city's rivals anymore. It's Chelsea, Newcastle and man United. Unless you have the mega money you won't be able to compete for titles. Arsenal and Liverpool won't be able to spend enough to get the best players. 

Newcastle are several years away from competing with City, and that’s if they do everything right.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, villan-scott said:

Wow. Can’t see this happening though. Levy will want more. Not sure Kane will want to abroad being close to the Premier League record. 

If Chelsea or Man Utd really want to challenge for the title then they should be signing Kane. I know its short term but he's exactly what they both need.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, villa89 said:

If Chelsea or Man Utd really want to challenge for the title then they should be signing Kane. I know its short term but he's exactly what they both need.

Ya, I don't know why United aren't all out for him, maybe they need the takeover.