The Not Villa Summer Transfer Window 2023

His Name Is Death

1 hour ago, Mr_Dogg said:

Ya, I don't know why United aren't all out for him, maybe they need the takeover.

If they are offering £60m for someone they don’t really need (Mount) you’d hope they would have the money for someone who is exactly what they need.

1 hour ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

Would be an expensive squad player to have, a level below Ramsey and McGinn and not mobile enough to play behind Watkins.

Bizarre comment. Creatively and technically he's a level above any attacking midfielder we have. He's basically Leicester's version of Grealish. If you honestly think he wouldn't start over Buendia then I can't help you. 

Not that arsed anyway as if he's a Coventry boy then it was probably a no go. Hopefully we get Goncalves who I think is better albeit unproven in this league. Although I suspect we'll end up with Barnes who although not a bad player isn't as good as Maddison.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Genie said:

If they are offering £60m for someone they don’t really need (Mount) you’d hope they would have the money for someone who is exactly what they need.

Wouldn't be the first time a club have bought everything except what they really need. Wouldn't even be the first time United have done it.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Leeroy said:

Bizarre comment. Creatively and technically he's a level above any attacking midfielder we have. He's basically Leicester's version of Grealish. If you honestly think he wouldn't start over Buendia then I can't help you. 

Not that arsed anyway as if he's a Coventry boy then it was probably a no go. Hopefully we get Goncalves who I think is better albeit unproven in this league. Although I suspect we'll end up with Barnes who although not a bad player isn't as good as Maddison.

This is one of the reasons Wilson turned us down for Newcastle. We offered more as well.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Arsenal have bid 100m + 5m add ons for rice according to ornstein. Mental

Insane. Rice isn’t a player who takes any club to the next level. Take him on a free or cheap if he becomes available, but dropping £100m is up there with Maguire levels of overpriced. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

Luton Town have signed Chiedozie Ogbene on a free transfer after his contract expired at Rotherham, I always expected that he would play PL football someday. Will be a shrewd signing for them as he is a good character, flexible tactically and his pace can be a weapon.

Fantastic operators, Luton. Playing a much harder game than Brentford and Brighton had to as well. Brexit and rising costs stitched up clubs trying to be smart.

Not sure what happened at Burnley after they went down but they're another I've been really impressed with in the transfer market. When Brighton are pipping you to signings, you know you're looking in the right areas.

• Like 2

So have Man City pulled a Ronaldo on Arsenal here? Pretending to be interested in a player so the a rival team is tricked into spending more money than they should on a player. Always got the feeling that's what they did when they claimed to be interested to sign Ronaldo when he went back to Man U.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, sne said:

So have Man City pulled a Ronaldo on Arsenal here? Pretending to be interested in a player so the a rival team is tricked into spending more money than they should on a player. Always got the feeling that's what they did when they claimed to be interested to sign Ronaldo when he went back to Man U.

Ya, I think it's suspicious. They signed Kovacic yesterday, were they really going to sign 2 players in a similar position?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mr_Dogg said:

Ya, I think it's suspicious. They signed Kovacic yesterday, were they really going to sign 2 players in a similar position?

Especially when they have Rodri who is a far superior player to Rice and is still only 26.

• Like 1