The Not Villa Summer Transfer Window 2023

His Name Is Death

15 hours ago, Genie said:

If United finish without a proper striker, but with £60m Mount sat in the bench it will be hilarious.

I saw some comments from United fans on facebook, less than impressed it’s fair to say.

SAF would have had him playing like prime Zidane. ETH won’t. 

Shaping up to be a monumentally shit window for them, by their standards.  All their rivals are strengthening, they'll be easily caught by a few teams if they don't add some quality, they looked a bit crap near the end of last season, only their good start got them over the line.  This whole takeover is probably holding up transfers, would be hilarious if Glazers were still there when the window shuts 🤣

1 hour ago, duke313 said:

Shaping up to be a monumentally shit window for them, by their standards.  All their rivals are strengthening, they'll be easily caught by a few teams if they don't add some quality, they looked a bit crap near the end of last season, only their good start got them over the line.  This whole takeover is probably holding up transfers, would be hilarious if Glazers were still there when the window shuts 🤣

Good start? They were pretty pants when ETH first took over

Tielemans and Pau Torres for the princely sum of 35 mil....not many teams getting much better value than that, 2 experienced players who are both internationals for highly ranked teams with lots of games under their belt and hugely talented + rated!

• Like 1

On 29/06/2023 at 16:08, villa4europe said:

they've spent hefty chunks of cash before, i would lazily guess 5 players that cost more than our record transfer and 2 or 3 of them were shipped out before their contract expired, haller was 1 season i think felipe anderson was 3, £35m on nayef aguerd....genuinely not a clue who that is

According to Transfermarkt they spent a net of 175 mill last season . So cannot see them blowing all the Muller money. 

6 hours ago, Villatillidie95 said:

Chelsea sign Nicolas Jackson

He nearly signed for Southampton/Bournemouth in summer

If Unai thought he was a worthy signing we would have bid then

• Like 1

8 hours ago, villan-scott said:

FM legend. Not sure about him in real life tho - don’t think I’ve ever seen him play! 

Same for me, tried to watch him in the euros and the games vs England last year but he was coming off an injury and didn't do much

Wasn't Gakpo playing number 10 towards the end? Jota can also play there.

He's a good player but not really sure he's what Liverpool need. Him, Jota, Diaz, Gakpo, Salah and Nunez is a lot to juggle for mainly 3 positions when you're not in CL anymore.

Excellent signing by Liverpool. There is talk about him playing the Henderson role.

I think they'll have a resurgence next season as much as I hate them. They have so much quality and variety going forward, the best goalkeeper in the league too imo. They just need another player to strengthen them in front of defence. I wouldn't be surprised if Nunez bangs them in next season. 

18 hours ago, Zatman said:

He nearly signed for Southampton/Bournemouth in summer

If Unai thought he was a worthy signing we would have bid then

What when he already played for him? 😉

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, jim said:

Conor Coady signed for Leicester

Ain't they signed Harry WInks too, a Southgate favourite gone to the Championship. Not bad signings for Leicester them, defo wanna come back first season, an I'm betting they will.