Pre-Match Thread Cup Final 6 of 10

TheAuthority

40 minutes ago, Brumstopdogs said:

Expecting the usual soft penalty for United tomorrow…

I like to think that Emi broke that curse by mentally breaking Fernandes so that he skied his penalty. Maybe wishful thinking though

• Like 1

I think we’ll win. They will be tired. Ollie will be pissed off he hasn’t scored in a week. I’m really quietly confident we’ll go there and get three points.

(I know Villa will break my heart.)

After 2 goals disallowed, we score the first goal, then ManU counter almost immediately, and it goes into halftime at 1-1.

We score our second goal around the 55th minute. 2-1!

A very dubious foul is committed around the 88th minute, and Manure are awarded a penalty. Final score, 2-2.

What’s this feeling waking up early on a Sunday  morning with only five games to go in the season with a fluttery stomach and trepidation regarding Aston Villa in a football match. Not quite sure I like it.

Edited by Follyfoot

1-1 would be a good result, however we are capable of getting all three points, as are they. Depends how tired both teams are, who gets the tactics right, and who makes the least mistakes. 

So yeah, I’m going for a draw, or a win, or a loss. With some goals, maybe.

There are many things about today's fixture that could be viewed as working in our favour.

-It's at Old Trafford. We've been doing very well in away games of late.

-Manure have key defenders unavailable and Maguire is starting.

-Most of their fans are very nervous about this fixture.

-If we get an early lead, it will be felt in the stadium and make their fans more restless which will work it's way to the players too.

2pm cannot come quick enough.

Touch and go whether I’ll be able to watch this. Games I’ve missed - 4-0 against Brighton,  2-0 against spurs and 2-0 against Everton. Thing is, the other games I’ve been able to watch we’ve also won!

Don't expect us to get anything from this but also wouldn't be surprised if we do. Think we are starting to look a bit tired and the injuries to Kamara & Cash are weakening us over time.

We probably need at least a draw to keep the Europe push going tbh but even if we miss out on Europe it's been a fantastic turnaround by Emery.

Anyway, let's go trounce Rat-Boy, Slab-Head and the rest of those PGMOL protected soon to be Qatari owned bell ends.