Pre-Match Thread Cup Final 6 of 10

TheAuthority

11 hours ago, It's Your Round said:

Chris Sutton and “rapper and Man City fan, Blanco” have both predicted us to win. 1-2 Villa according to Sutton, and 0-1 for Blanco, who then goes on to add the below comments in his Liverpool v Spurs prediction:

I just don't understand why Tottenham always beat us? How does that happen? I think they just treat it like a cup final when they play us - they have never won anything, so they just go for it! Liverpool always seem to beat them at Anfield though.”

This comment really winds me up. Classic plastic Citeh dick head. As much as I dislike Spurs, they’ve won plenty. In fact they’ve won the FA Cup 8 times, League Cup 4 times, the league twice and a European trophy in the Cup Winners Cup. Citeh were nothing before the oil money. 

Blanco is from south London but grew up a Blue.

Says it all. Proper plastic.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

It would be no logic to that at all sorry 

I wouldn't do it myself, I think Buendia brings us so much energy and delivers a huge amount when we haven't got the ball - he'll be absolutely key in stopping United building attacks.

You can see the logic in it though - pushing two forwards against United's weak back line would be a high risk tactic, but there's a reward there if we can get the ball forward quickly and trouble them, they'd end up either having to play one of their midfielders as a de facto CB or get involved in a basketball game - I think if we were looking to create chaos and see what happens then there's a logic to the idea.

I don't think that's us though, I don't think Unai is a manager who wants to throw the cards in the air and see where they land - I think we'll look to do our thing, to carry out our plan and see if United can deal with it rather than introduce madness and hope profit in the rubble. I like that about us - we play big team football.

So yeah, I wouldn't do it, but there's a certain logic to it.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Balls to it, I’m saying it again - I’m optimistic for tomorrow.

Got a feeling we’re gonna see an Unai masterclass, make it so boys, make it so.

Unai probably licking his lips watching Spurs come back

2 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

You can see the logic in it though - pushing two forwards against United's weak back line would be a high risk tactic, but there's a reward there if we can get the ball forward quickly and trouble them, they'd end up either having to play one of their midfielders as a de facto CB or get involved in a basketball game - I think if we were looking to create chaos and see what happens then there's a logic to the idea.

And based on this, I really hope Maguire is playing!  B)

I am feeling confident about this game, we are on a great run of form, confidence is high. Manure have had us as their home win banker for so long, time is changing, this team folds for no-one now!   

21 hours ago, robby b said:

Thanks for the league double stat, although it's very miserable, 1954, ffs! 😑

But "if we are fired up like we were against Newcastle"... exactly, if. And this is a big if. :s I really hope we will be but am worried about if we're not. For a start, v Newcastle was in front of our home crowd whereas on Sunday we'll be away. Plus Man U haven't lost at home in the league since last August (the opening day). The longest current unbeaten home run in the PL.

1954!

My Dad was born in 1965

• Like 1

I'm mentally treating this game and the Anfield match as free hits - if we win the other 3 I think we're in the mix. Having said that it would be great if we can continue to score in every game under Unai and if we come away with points it will be a great week for us.

I really want us to win though obviously and the idea of doing the double over them is fuelling the excitement. We can beat anyone if we play like we did against Newcastle. Their only recognised CB is Lindelof.

If not now, when?