Pre-Match Thread Cup Final 6 of 10

TheAuthority

7 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

Fernandes looking like he’s out for this one and he’s arguably their best player. Makes them tick. 

A draw would be a cracking result.

Yeah didn’t know he was injured but apparently he’s wearing a protective boot.

7 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

BT Sport 2?

Just seen that too. Fabulous little watch. Even better having my 12 year old daughter watching it with me and her being very interested and asking lots of questions.

Nothing like a great bit of history for the next generation of little Villans.

Yes that’s the one it was an excellent watch.

• Like 1

This is going to be a very difficult game. They are very strong at home, they have won 11 of 15 losing once. That single loss being the very first game of the season against Brighton where they were adapting to Ten Hag's methods. I'd happily take a draw right now, if we get anything more the sky is the limit for us for the rest of the season.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, VillaAlex said:

This is going to be a very difficult game. They are very strong at home, they have won 11 of 15 losing once. That single loss being the very first game of the season against Brighton where they were adapting to Ten Hag's methods. I'd happily take a draw right now, if we get anything more the sky is the limit for us for the rest of the season.

Injuries are mounting up for them though. They are there for the taking, we need a Newcastle performance though.

The best Man U can hope for is 1-1.

Theres no other, better outcome for them.

We dont draw games nil nil, we always score and we currently dont concede more than one, and conceding one is pretty rare.

They'll be praying for a 1-1.

• Like 1

Their defence is atrocious. 

Their offence is a shadow of what it would be if Bruno was fit. 

Absolutely there for the taking.

Like at Brentford it won't be easy as they're a better team at home. Obviously helps with the ref and VAR bought in to the Man United must not lose at Old Trafford mindset.

With nearly 5 full days since our last game before we play them, tiredness shouldn't be much of a factor. We also know we have a week before our next game so don't need to conserve much.

I think we'll have enough to overcome the ref and get at least a draw.

I think the team were tired in 2nd half against Fulham. It was 3 days after a tough game against Brentford and one where we had to put a lot in to get a result.

United is Sunday late kick off we've 5 days in total rest and United will have just 3. So energy levels shouldn't be an issue Sunday.

I hope we can get a player or two back

• Like 1

It's a free hit tbh, Manure need this win, especially if they dont win against Spurs. Young has his work cut out with Rashford and Shaw and I'm sure their midfield will be fortified with the likes of McTominay hacking lumps out of us unpunished from the first minute. We need to work the ref once the first heavy tackle goes in.

Wish we had some fresh  legs in the middle , Kamara can't come back soon enough.

When's the last time we won twice in a row at OT? 

I think we can win, but I think a draw will probably happen and to be honest, I'd be happy with a point at this stage.

If we win, I'll be in dreamland and believe we're certainties for top 5/6.

They were decent against Brighton and Lindelof had a good game. Anthony is a threat, AWB is much improved under Ten Hag and Erikson coming in for Fernandes is not a bad replacement.

It’s a winnable game but the last thing we should do is underestimate them.

I wouldn't say I'm confident, but with our away form I'm about as bullish as you can be going to Old Trafford. This is the beginning of a pretty tricky run-in. Let's just enjoy the ride. But we'll need a lot more intensity than we showed in the 2nd half (and the 1st half for that matter...) against Fulham. United don't hang around so the languid stuff we got away with yesterday will not fly.

I can see this being a defeat but I will hope for a draw.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, tinker said:

It's a free hit tbh, Manure need this win, especially if they dont win against Spurs. Young has his work cut out with Rashford and Shaw and I'm sure their midfield will be fortified with the likes of McTominay hacking lumps out of us unpunished from the first minute. We need to work the ref once the first heavy tackle goes in.

Wish we had some fresh  legs in the middle , Kamara can't come back soon enough.

I don't think any game from now on on is a free hit if we want European football.

We need a reinvigorated Ollie Watkins, last two games he's not been quite as good.