Pre-Match Thread Cup Final 3 of 10

TheAuthority

2 minutes ago, romavillan said:

Bertie hasn't done bad of the bench of late? Duràn could have an impact as a sub... Carlos and Chambers aren't exactly shite either.

Big, big game for Donk.

Carlos and chambers are not going to turn a game if your chasing a goal.

Duran still early days but could make a impact.

Traore is only player we know that can make a difference if we chasing the game

Newcastle have much better options on the bench unfortunately for us and i think that could be key today 

Edited by Demitri_C
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

I hope its a good entertaining game, could go either way

always look at them and think they're not that much better than us on paper, if you were do a combined best 11 we'd probably edge it with 6 or 7 players

they're all buzz and momentum, they're not comments like "we're gonna get tonked"

We bring in a Belgian international starter as our back up midfielder and the panic button is pushed, if Bruno gets injured they're bringing on longstaff

• Like 3

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

I hope its a good entertaining game, could go either way

always look at them and think they're not that much better than us on paper, if you were do a combined best 11 we'd probably edge it with 6 or 7 players

they're all buzz and momentum, they're not comments like "we're gonna get tonked"

We bring in a Belgian international starter as our back up midfielder and the panic button is pushed, if Bruno gets injured they're bringing on longstaff

Since you put it that way, I feel a tad better 😅

Just now, DCJonah said:

Our bench is looking weak. 

I'm glad some of their attacking players are out but I can imagine we'll be the team that kick starts Gordon's Newcastle career.

That’s old Villa mentality. It’s ok, we are all still adjusting - but we don’t think like that anymore pal 😊

• Like 4

Just now, Rustibrooks said:

Would McGinn be better suited to play on the left instead of the right for this game? I think his intensity against Trippier be needed to keep him honest.

We need the intensity on their full backs and defenders. We saw how easily they gave away penalties against Brentford. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

Donk to start. What's UE got in his bag of tricks here?

It’s not all that different from the chelsea lineup. Same concepts. It’ll be a dangerous cat and mouse game. Bait Newcastle (who are very good at pressing) and let’s see if Buendia can slip Ollie in behind.