Pre-Match Thread Cup Final 3 of 10

TheAuthority

Putting our players in their strongest positions will be our best bet. Ramsey on the left mcgginn on the right.

A few strong challenges on Gordon to wind him up and I can see him getting sent off.

We need to start fast and aggressive against them and from there we then need to control the tempo of the game

Think the lineup for us makes sense with the aim of trying to make us more difficult to play against.

Looking at the Newcastle's lineup I think they will try to stretch the play as much as they can and have gone for pace to try and catch us out like Leicester did at Villa Park.

Should be a good game but the deciding factor might be the options Newcastle have off the bench.

Come on villa - let's do this!

It’s a 6.30am kick off here in Mexico but I’m up and ready for it. We’ve got that disgraceful 4-0 drubbing to avenge, and Europe to conquer. It will be a tough test against a decent Newcastle side, but if anyone can crack them, Prof Emery can.

2-1 Villa. 

38 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Our bench is looking weak. 

I'm glad some of their attacking players are out but I can imagine we'll be the team that kick starts Gordon's Newcastle career.

Who's out?  That looks pretty full strength?