Match Thread: West Ham v Villa

limpid

1 minute ago, The_Steve said:

Here's Paqueta's dive for the pen. Disgrace

.spacer.png

https://ibb.co/C2NC2cg

He goes down easy, yes. But why aren't you asking what the **** Bailey is doing putting his hands on him? Paqueta going away from goal, no immediate danger, and Leon does exactly what you shouldn't do in your own box - give the ref and excuse.

It's dumb as shit, which unfortunately sums Bailey up 99% of the time.

Bailey having another terrible game, today he is a waste of a position and also giving a penalty away where the player is not only facing away from the goal but actually moving away from the goals 🤦

I would get big jhon on in his place because he certainly won't be as bad as Bailey.

Some very weak passing going on as well, under hitting it multiple times and then players not reacting or running.

Yet on the other hand, 3 or 4 great moves with pace and accurate passing. Watkins should have had 2 or 3 so far.

Emi b will also either get sent off and give a penalty or even just give a penalty, he is being very silly and nieve, we've already gifted them a weak penalty out of nothing, let's not do it again.

3 minutes ago, Villatillidie95 said:

There does seem to be some grudge thing between Ings and Buendia....maybe some unfinished business from their Bodymoor Heath days together!?

Dunno, they seemed to love each other while here.

• Shocked 1

Just now, rodders0223 said:

Don't put your hands on and claw at a player running away from goal. Simple.

Absolutely idiotic.

Are you kidding, no way was that a penalty.  Bailey has been poor again but that’s not a penalty in any stretch of the imagination 

• Like 4

Couple of other observations - the ref has been poor, not just the penalty, but not booking one or two for challenges and playing three minutes of the two so that West Ham could keep taking corners, and, we'd batter these with Kamara playing, or for that matter with Dendoncker - this squad needs four or five players this summer, just for the numbers.

• Like 1

Getting stressed out reading this thread...  Holy cow...

We're creating some of the best build up play under Emery so far because West Ham aren't pressing us high up the pitch.  They're preferring to double up on the passing lanes, but our movement is ripping them apart at times.  Moreno is fantastic going forward and we look like we're going to score every time he gets on the ball in the final third.  We could have easily scored 3 more goals on another day.  

That said, West Ham's team is set up to soak up pressure and counter with Benrahma & Bowen's pace.  Going to be another stressful half, but I think we can pull out a win here with an early goal in the second half.  

• Like 2

How nice it was in the last two games not giving away a lead. Now back to normal service, drat. At least we're one point closer to Fulham as things stand, which is only a little positive but better than nothing...

3 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

We've played some cracking stuff and off the back off that created three excellent chances. 65% possession away from home is some going. Should never have been given as a pen and there is no way if the ref doesn't give it that VAR looks at that and gives a pen. We play same second half we win this. 

We have played some really good football even without Kamara, Moreno, Watkins and McGinn have been our best players but Ramsey, after a few wobbly moments, has started to find his feet as well.

You can see the improvement  in us as we start to grow into Emery style of football,  the futures  looking bright.

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

It's never, ever being overturned because of that hand tugging back on his shoulder even if the reaction is in no way justified by it. Stupid thing for Bailey to do.

I just wish we'd have a little more common sense about these calls. It's stupid by Bailey yes, but it's so obviously, cynically abused by Paqueta and it's there for all of us to see. Can we not have some sense of rationality in these decisions?

Lol, I'm just really bothered with how soft and stupid that pen was when we have VAR as well.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Don't put your hands on and claw at a player running away from goal. Simple.

Absolutely idiotic.

He doesn't claw though, or pull him back or anything.  The guy just hits the deck.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

We're a little bit disjointed, we're playing lots of attacking players who are having to do a lot of defensive work - ordinarily you counter that by getting the ball forward quickly and hoping you have overloads, but because they're all back, we can't do that.

When we do work the ball forward, we look really sharp, probably because we have lots of attacking players in those areas, Moreno has looked good out left in attack and Watkins has looked a threat - I think we'll score again.

Personally, I'd adjust the balance, sacrifice Buendia or Bailey and bring on Young next to Luiz and push McGinn into the middle of the park - but there's a reason why Emery gets a couple of million quid a year and I'm typing here.

Difficult one to call this - I think we'll score and concede in the second half - 2-2.

I think pushing mcginn forward is the exact opposite of what he needs. Whenever he's not got a clearly defined defensive role he instantly decides he needs to stand next to our striker and Mark himself out of the game.