Ratings & Reactions: Everton v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

207 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 28/02/23 at 23:59

Not been able follow it today, but from reading the match thread it sounds like we edged a tight game, and pressed home our advantage at the end.

Dead chuffed about the win!

great win, well happy....i can watch MOTD again.

I thought Mings was immense today and he gets my motm vote

as a side note, i'm glad we are still voting for a man of the match and none of this player of the match bollocks on the tv

2 hours ago, MikeMcKenna said:

Excellent away win. Pity there has to be so much moaning on the match thread - some fans are so negative!

it's the same as Talkshite....liberate yourself and don't bother with it

some people really need to give their head a wobble

36 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

They are always screaming for non existent hand balls up there. Weird bunch. 

They pressure the officials, clever imo. Real struggle today and Watkins and having quality on the bench made the difference. We looked so disjointed, kept giving way possession time after time and losing 50/50's as well.

We won but was lucky Everton didn't have a decent striker/ number 10 on the pitch, Cash and Digne's had a torrid time, isolated and overun time after time. Doug is great on the ball but poor off it.

Bailey wasn't working, not sure why but it just didn't happen for him.

Overall I'm happy with the result but watching it was painful. UTV 

23 minutes ago, tinker said:

They pressure the officials, clever imo. Real struggle today and Watkins and having quality on the bench made the difference. We looked so disjointed, kept giving way possession time after time and losing 50/50's as well.

It didn't do them much good though, the ref was favouring us in the first half. I don't know if it becomes a boy who cried wolf thing where he hears them screaming blue murder about them not getting a corner they should have had and just thinks yeah that's what you always say pipe down lads

They've definitely hallucinated a great many handballs over the years

20 minutes ago, Annoyman said:

It didn't do them much good though, the ref was favouring us in the first half. I don't know if it becomes a boy who cried wolf thing where he hears them screaming blue murder about them not getting a corner they should have had and just thinks yeah that's what you always say pipe down lads

They've definitely hallucinated a great many handballs over the years

Well they got behind their team and made it noisy and boisterous for large parts of the game until we scored the second.

Would have been easy for us to wilt under the pressure but we stood firm and battled to get a result that first half I didn't see coming tbh. If we can iron out the issues we have then our spirit shouldn't be lacking after hard fought ground out results like today.

I know its all pretty tribal in football but I hope they don't go down and suffer what we have over the last 10 seasons. The league's a better place with teams like Everton in it . UTV 

• Like 1

Watkins was excellent - but he was eclipsed for MOTM by our captain: John McGinn, who won a penalty and got an assist in an all-round impressive performance.

Concerns? Bailey and Digne - who only showed glimpses but were for the majority of the match extremely poor.

In the 55th minute I said to myself "Digne and Bailey could use replacing" and what do you know? They get subbed off and we look so much better. Love Emery.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Ponky said:

Can anyone explain to me why Pickford's two-footed tackle on Watkins wasn't even a foul let alone a red card?

I genuinely don't understand 

Think he got the ball at the same time , Arsenal would have got the decision though that's for sure. 

1 hour ago, tinker said:

I hope they don't go down and suffer what we have over the last 10 seasons. The league's a better place with teams like Everton in it 

I hope they do. Alongside Southampton, Bournemouth, Leeds and West Ham. 

(possibly a bit greedy to hope for a rule change to 5 teams relegated) 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, CosmicVillan said:

We seem to shat the bed every time we try and play it around at the back.

As soon as we appointed Emery it was clear we would shift to playing out from the back, and always likely that our players (who have never done it) would give goals away from it multiple times. There will be more this season, but if we want to have an Emery system we need to look to the long term and keep the faith when it happens - in the hope it happens far less next season. Even if it happens because our players can’t learn it, that’s good, because that will show Emery where we need to spend in the summer. 

• Like 1

Just watched brief highlights.

The penalty we got was dubious and that’s being kind, although it makes up for the blatant one we didn’t get from Pickford’s ridiculous scissor tackle on Ollie.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, tinker said:

Think he got the ball at the same time , Arsenal would have got the decision though that's for sure. 

What does "got the ball" have to do with it? If the intention is to foul, it's a foul. Winning the ball is utterly irrelevant.

Its the kind of thing an ex-player says in commentary.

• Like 1

Â