Ratings & Reactions: Everton v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

207 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 28/02/23 at 23:59

Great just to get the points on the board really with a not great performance. Watkins, McGinn & Buendia were our best performers.

Everton turned into Burnley so quick, so credit to Dyche for that. 4 out of 5 wins on the road is top form though, pleasing win. 5 in 5 for Ollie was great to see, he really deserves his flowers atm; great to see Emi pop up with another brilliant goal against this lot again too. Happy days

A win is a win...

...but from 10' to 60' was the worst I've seen us play under Unai.

When I saw the midfield before kickoff, I thought, where was the creativity going to come from? All I could figure was that Unai chose a physical midfield to counter DycheBall. The problem is, it didn't work. We were overrun in midfield for that stretch of the game. Fortunately, Emi M and (for the most part) the back line had a good game.

Bringing on Buendia changed everything, obviously. You need that creative threat. MOTM for me, and it wasn't even close.

Moreno played far better than Digne, at least going forward.

Cash hasn't played much since the WC but I thought that this was his best game since the WC.

Anyone who thinks that it's OK to let Emi M leave at the end of the season needs to think again.

Watkins did as well as he could considering that he didn't have much service for the first hour...unlucky not to score from open play. He's playing the best that he has in two years. Does he not respond to well to competition? Has Ings leaving made Watkins feel freer to play? You have to wonder.

• Like 2

Â