Pre-match thread

wedge

Tyrone to be assessed on Saturday morning.

Sounds to me as if they will be desperate to play him but if they're leaving it that late and he passes a fitness test he can't be 100%.

Still, a less than 100% Tyrone Mings will still be better than Chambers.

spacer.png

4 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

If we turn up, we can give any team a game and scrape a win. If we play half arsed like the first half at City we will lose Eleventeen- 0

Twelvety

Edited by Follyfoot
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, TRO said:

Rainbows don't come very often.....If we did that, Europe would be a doddle.

Tbf it depends on how the ref is feeling too. Wednesdays the ref let Silva kick the shit out of a Saka before finally pulling out a card. You can almost guarantee one of our players tries that against him it’s a yellow from the first foul.

The Mings non foul booking last season a great example of this.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

We did but then got it horribly wrong against Liverpool and Leicester with how much of a high line we played along with how open we were. Really need to get the balance right. I’d actually prefer us to drop a bit for this one and really frustrate them. Take the game to them and I reckon they’ll pick us off easily.

Against Liverpool we did create some really good chances in first half but give Arsenal that space and they'll knock in at least 3 goals like Liverpool did.

Better template is what we did a few days later v Spurs. Barely left our half in the first period but got to 0-0 and then stepped it up after the break and ran our comfortable winners in the end. No different to what Everton did to Arsenal a few weeks back.

We will also have a much stronger bench than last few weeks and Arsenal don't really have the depth the other top sides so so like to think it's a match we can finish stronger in. Hopefully not when we're 0-3 down like last week.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, WakefieldVillan said:

Hope so mate 🤞

Looking back at the Man Utd game which you rightly mention as the blueprint for tomorrow, we had Cash, Digne, Dendoncker and Bailey starting and I don't think any of these 4 would be selected by many going into this game. The tactics though were absolutely spot on.

Let's hope Emery gets it spot on. I'm sure he will give us the best chance possible, just hope the players have the belief they can get something from it.

Half the issue is psychology. Against City looked beat coming out the tunnel as per usual against them. We can't play scared against Arsenal. We have to get at them from the off and not given them an easy ride and a chance to settle into their rhythm. No stupid errors would go a long way too. For us to win we need to be at our best and for Arsenal to be under par simple as.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

Against Liverpool we did create some really good chances in first half but give Arsenal that space and they'll knock in at least 3 goals like Liverpool did.

Better template is what we did a few days later v Spurs. Barely left our half in the first period but got to 0-0 and then stepped it up after the break and ran our comfortable winners in the end. No different to what Everton did to Arsenal a few weeks back.

We will also have a much stronger bench than last few weeks and Arsenal don't really have the depth the other top sides so so like to think it's a match we can finish stronger in. Hopefully not when we're 0-3 down like last week.

I agree. It’s not always pretty, especially at home but I think sometimes you have to be realistic and accept the opponent is a lot better than you and use a pragmatic approach to beat them.  I know a few Arsenal fans and they all say they really struggle against teams that play a low block but if teams try to come out and play agains them they beat them comfortably. Really hope we don’t play in to their hands. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tommo_b said:

Couts to start for me. Would love to see what Dhuran could do from the off

Coutinho seems to have got some mojo back and could certainly start in place of Ramsey. Dhuran off the bench I feel but can't wait to see him again!

• Like 3

I think McGinn & Mings will come in for Ramsay & Chambers. There are question marks over both full backs, which could mean 4 changes before you start shaking up the attack.

I honestly think Le Bon should start over Bailey and theres a good argument for Couts over Emi B. Thats 6 possible changes which would be daft to be honest. Here's what I think he'll do.

Young Konsa Mings Moreno

Buendia Boobs Dougie McGinn

Bailey* Watkins

*should be Simon Le Bon

• Like 1
  • Haha 1