Pre-match thread

wedge

Bailey out, Traore on the bench. Interesting changes, especially with McGinn not only coming into the team, but as Captain. 

We'll struggle for width, no doubt, but we might be trying to keep things compact against this lot.

1 minute ago, HKP90 said:

Bailey out, Traore on the bench. Interesting changes, especially with McGinn not only coming into the team, but as Captain. 

We'll struggle for width, no doubt, but we might be trying to keep things compact against this lot.

I mean, he IS the captain, so if he's in the team starting, he's going to be it. Lol

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I mean, he IS the captain, so if he's in the team starting, he's going to be it. Lol

Well yeah, but it's not a good look if you pick a team captain and he's not good enough to play every week. 

We need to be brave though. Liverpool, Man Yoo and Arsenal are the three teams I’ve disliked the most.

Arsenal’s fans are the biggest cockwombles on earth though. we win this and that bald guy on Arsenal fan tv is going to be unmissable. 

• Like 1

Well yeah, but it's not a good look if you pick a team captain and he's not good enough to play every week. 

But Gerrard made him Captain mate.

Emery isn't going to change that mid season, regardless.

I think he actually said this when asked prior as well.

I’m one of Mcginns biggest critics but under Emery he’s been very good. His defensive work has improved big time. 

Just now, Wainy316 said:

Wait, is this the Gerrard formation 😱 

It occurred to me. Unai will get a different tune from these guys though, he'll actually have a reason for using it.

3 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

That was the old manager

Personally I think Ramsey didn't play well enough last week to keep his place, if mcginn doesn't play well enough today then we see what happens next week

1 minute ago, TheMightyVillans said:

Similar to what I expected. Thought maybe Duran instead of Coutinho/buendia.

Huge game for Coutinho this.

It really is. Have long held opinion on his future at the club and happy for him to change my mind this game