Pre Match Thread

maqroll

10 hours ago, GlobalVillan said:

Lol. How's your motivational speech coming along?

Quite well. Most villa fans think we'll lose, that's normal against city. I added in some hope by saying we have done well against the sky 6.

Your post was very much, we'll lose this and then we may aswell wind up the club, burn our villa shirts and wait for our own, inevitably painful deaths. 

• Haha 1

The fact that 95% of sides in the top flight, of which about 70% are bigger clubs, write off these 2 fixtures every year and hope for respectable losses, shows just to what extent City have cheated. A good cheat will only get so far ahead as to not make it look so obvious the extent of their cheating. Inconspicuousness and all that. Idiots

5-0 Cheats

8 hours ago, TomC said:

Curious why you think we'll see a lot of Duran. Pumping long balls for the big guy to win in the air and playing route 1 rather than playing from the back because City's press will be too much?

Yes because I expect something similar to Tottenham where the wide mids were additional wingbacks, Ollie and Bailey will have a lot of grafting to do on their own and will be worn out by the 60-70 minute mark. 

Only Duran and an unfit Traore fit the profile to substitute for them unless we somehow have the lead. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DCJonah said:

I feel like this might be a game where City take out all their frustrations on us.

Or we take out all our frustrations on them. Every season someone says that when it all comes together we'll give someone hiding; I'm going with that (draw would be a great result)!

2 minutes ago, Jonesy7211 said:

In an effort to prove there's no witch-hunt, City to get maximum assistance from VAR and the ref today whilst we get absolutely nothing.

Bit worried about this one.

Yep i think we are gonna get a pasting today with everything going on.

Dont wanna be negative but i think its going to be a loss by 3 goal minimum 

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Newry_Villan said:

We are losing this one guys. They've been backed into a corner and will come out fighting.  Just hope there is no hyperbole overreactions post match. 

Asking for zero hyperbolic overreactions is a bit much.