Pre Match Thread

maqroll

I can accept a loss here as long as we really make them earn the win and we play some decent football.

A draw will be fantastic.

A win and we will have to consider Europe as decidedly possible..

We’re better away from home, we are also better without the ball than we are with it. We’ve got a grasp on playing the block and frustrating possession based teams Hopefully we can get a result. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, gwi1890 said:

We’re better away from home, we are also better without the ball than we are with it. We’ve got a grasp on playing the block and frustrating possession based teams Hopefully we can get a result. 

I think we can. 

Martinez 

Cash.         Konsa.      Mings.  Moreno

Coutinho.     Luiz.    Kamara.    Buendia

Durán.       Watkins 

4-4-2

1 minute ago, Nigel said:

In all seriousness it could play into our hands, they will be desperate for a win, and we will be resolute.

Since start of 2020 season the games with them have been pretty tight at least in scorelines. Think they've only beaten us by more than a goal once.

We will have to defend very well and try to get some effective counter attacks going. Sort of game that should suit Moreno and Cash scored v them last year although Young played very well v them this season so that's a big call for Unai unless he plays both again.

On 04/02/2023 at 14:52, Sulberto21 said:

They’ve got Arsenal three days later and then we have Arsenal too. I think we’ll win one of the two games. 

Yeah I might have to retract this 😂. Man City need some form. Aston Villa to the rescue.

The absolute most forgettable fixture of the season. And it's on Sky too which means we have the insufferable promos showing us blowing a 0-2 lead last year. Grealish will probably score this time too. Classic. 

Haaland hat-trick incoming. And all the fake "nerves" from Pep before game will be evaporated after we roll over for a team in need again. 

Edited by roonst83