Pre Match Thread

maqroll

12 hours ago, PaulC said:

I am cautiously optimistic. They are far more vunerable defensively than they used to be. We can hurt them but it's about taking our chances and cutting out the stupid errors like against leicester 

Emery masterclass incoming.  This game has couter attacking football write all over it.

?u=https%3A%2F%2Fdtsvkkjw40x57.cloudfront.net%2F1110xnull%2Fimages%2Fprograms%2F602632%2Fhorizontal%2Fbig_6054_2Fcatalog_image_2F662674_2FEGJ7qYXTIqDVURVCy6an_Unai_20Emery_MC_CVA.jpg&f=1&nofb=1&ipt=acc85107d8d4c0b4520b29e277c71882f8fc739e4dc89d92e6f7c1a534a5a5de&ipo=images

• Like 3

I am not going to the game, but it would be great to get some 'cheaters' or 'Villa at home this week, Walsall away the next' banners.

Is anyone going planning anything like that?  

On 06/02/2023 at 11:00, OutByEaster? said:

I think Digne might come back in because (on paper) he's better defensively 

Except Man City play a Spanish style of football and Moreno is used to it.

City do seem a little out of sorts this year. Are they better with or without Haaland? He scores goals by the boatloads, but as some predicted last summer, City have to play differently with him. They're actually on pace to score 3 fewer goals than last year. Not to mention that they've already given up 21 goals after 21 games, whereas they gave up 26 in 38 last year. They just can't control midfield the same way they did when they had no true striker.

And as deep as their squad is, they haven't really made up for the loss of Cancelo, Sterling, Zinchenko, and Gabriel Jesus. Alvarez is good but still learning and Kalvin Phillips hasn't settled.

This strikes me as our best chance to beat them in a while. We came close at the end of last year and drew with them earlier this year, both under SG. Let's hope that Unai gets us the win and we can become their bogey team.

• Like 1

This isn't the Man City of the past few years and after losing to Spurs aswell as the off field stuff this week it could be argued this is a good time to play them but I'm expecting a comfortable 3-0 Haaland hat-trick this weekend

On 08/02/2023 at 11:20, Tomaszk said:

I think we'll be on the end of a very motivated side.

Be a real bonus to get anything here. More confident of points off Arsenal.

Either very motivated or totally deflated. The mood can't be great around the place. Hopefully, that tension has an adverse effect and we can take full advantage. Nothing would please me more. Can't wait till the owner walks away and water, once again, finds it's true level.

33 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

We willl lose as they have a point to prove but as long as its not a geavy one we move on.thats why last weeks loss was really hard to take knowing the nect two games we have

I only understood this post because I'm quite drunk right now

• Haha 4