Pre Match Thread

maqroll

19 hours ago, Villa87 said:

Emi

Young Konsa Mings Moreno

McGinn Luiz Kamara Ramsey

Buendia Watkins

I like this formation for City, essentially dropping a striker for a midfielder, but I have a feeling the Emery will want to keep the shape as he tries to be it in.

I think it'll be similar to the Leicester team, with maybe McGinn in for Ramsey. I think Digne might come back in because (on paper) he's better defensively and I don't think he'll drop Bailey for Duran (yet).

Towards the end of the Leicester game - we switched to a 4-1 build up that can have a little more solidity if we lose the ball or are countered quickly. Think we see a similar gameplan that we did against Brighton and Spurs away featuring a 6-2-2 at times and then pouncing on a ball when they get complacent in possession. 

A point would be huge but City usually come in for blood after a loss so we might be at 6's and 7's to start the match if they come out hot.

On 05/02/2023 at 18:44, Nigel said:

In all seriousness it could play into our hands, they will be desperate for a win, and we will be resolute.

and Casual.😀

Edited by TRO

3 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

I like this formation for City, essentially dropping a striker for a midfielder, but I have a feeling the Emery will want to keep the shape as he tries to be it in.

I think it'll be similar to the Leicester team, with maybe McGinn in for Ramsey. I think Digne might come back in because (on paper) he's better defensively and I don't think he'll drop Bailey for Duran (yet).

Interesting.

1 hour ago, Wainy316 said:

But if extra kick to this game now.  Can’t decide if I think it will work in our favour or not.

I've hired a bomb shelter, for the game.....got a discount for the Arsenal game.

Edited by TRO

2 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

What do you mean?

We built in our usual 3box3 to start the game in pic 1 but as we kept turning it over for disastrous results. In particular, the space behind Mings can be exposed if the winger has a jump on the LB coming in. We switched to a 4-1 build up with Dendonker and Duran all forward, presumably to try and cross in a few goals but also have more defensive numbers spread in the back. Think we might see something similar against City to prevent counters or mistakes.

3box3 in pic 1 - Buendia is usually lined up shorter but it's from a dead ball situation and Digne or Moreno takes the space on the left touchline. You see even in the pic - if the ball is turned over on the right hand side - Mings is blind to Tete unless he gets the call or the drop. Exposed x3 at least against Leicester.

4-1 in pic 2 - granted Leicester are sitting back at this point but the 4 defenders are spread wider to stop or track that out to in run. Moreno even had the 4th goal tracked but whiffed on the ball.

3box3.jpg

41build.jpg

Edited by DJBOB
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, GlobalVillan said:

3-0. Haaland with 2. Think our next win will be Palace at home.

Could be right. 

Would take two draws v Arsenal and Everton and think we can get them if we're properly on it.

When did we last even get a point away to them, 2000s?!

18 hours ago, rubberman said:

In reality, anything from this would be a bonus. And we need a bonus after the Leicester ballsup. Dirty point from a 0-0 please.

I'm less concerned about this game than the likes of Leicester, Wolves etc.  We play far better against the 'big' teams, we seem to struggle more when teams sit back. If our forwards can take their chances, I think we can win this one.

• Like 1

Que sera sera, whatever will be will be, cheated to win a trophyyy, que sera sera. 

Mancini, woah, Mancini, woah, he came from Italy, you paid him secretly, Mancini, woah.

Blue moon, cheated since 2009, you'll be demoted again, lose all your trophies and fail..

• Haha 1