Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

6 minutes ago, alexvilla4 said:

I really think Charles de Ketalaere could be a decent option to replace Bailey's current position. He hasn't settled at AC Milan currently so they might be happy to move him on for the right price. He is tall at 6'4 and deceptively quick and his technical skill and link up play would be a massive improvement on Bailey and would get so many more goals for Watkins and the midfield. He can also cover several positions and is only 22 with a really high ceiling of potential

He has looked way out of his depth at Milan, plays like a child asked to play in a mans game. Terrified to do anything

He would be eaten alive in England at the moment and would be a downgrade on Bailey

I have a kinda mixed view on players, who only want Champions league football.

I kinda like, I want the other 10 to get it for me.

I rather like fighters, who are willing to join a team, who are out for the prizes, but not quite got there yet.

I like the players who say to themselves, me added to this team, and we can go somewhere....Thats what happened when Peter Withe joined.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, TRO said:

I rather like fighters, who are willing to join a team, who are out for the prizes, but not quite got there yet.

I like the players who say to themselves, me added to this team, and we can go somewhere....Thats what happened when Peter Withe joined.

tbf for the vast majority of plyers they just mean I want more money and the clubs who can pay that are the Champions League Clubs

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TRO said:

The more intelligent players from abroad will realise that playing one big team in a champions league group home and away before getting knocked out is nothing compared to playing the likes of Arsenal Citeh Chelsea Manure and Aston Villa home and away in the greatest league in the world with the best renumeration.

You also get to play teams like Newcastle and Spurs in addtion to that . 

English players yearn to play in the Champs League. Foreign players yearn to play in the Prem. 

• Like 1

Agree with most of the above but I’m not expecting big star names anyway.  I’m expecting players that fit Emery’s system and not glamour names.  I’m also expecting players that were once thought good but haven’t quite worked out at their current clubs, doesn’t Emery have a history with that kind of player.  Also players we haven’t thought about but when we research them that they make sense like Moreno has.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nick76 said:

Agree with most of the above but I’m not expecting big star names anyway.  I’m expecting players that fit Emery’s system and not glamour names.  I’m also expecting players that were once thought good but haven’t quite worked out at their current clubs, doesn’t Emery have a history with that kind of player.  Also players we haven’t thought about but when we research them that they make sense like Moreno has.

Yes, Emery is good with ‘broken toys’. Just another reason why he is a great manager for a club like us.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, HKP90 said:

Mason Mount reportedly on his way out of Chelsea in the summer. Any takers?

Can’t see him dropping down past a CL club.  Plus Southgate will tell him he won’t pick him for England if he comes to us.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, HKP90 said:

Mason Mount reportedly on his way out of Chelsea in the summer. Any takers?

Not on the wages he’s demanding, don’t think he’s particularly great either. Every time I watch him he’s decent and full of energy for 20 mins and then is anonymous for the other 70.

Edited by WHY

Rasmus Højlund currently making sure that there will be a bidding war for his signature this summer. Another 2 goals for Denmark takes him to 5 goals in 2 games this week. Not bad for a 20 y.o.

Doubt we are in with a shot for him but looks quite the talent. Obviously already been dubbed "the new Haaland" even thou he's not Norwegian.

45 minutes ago, sne said:

Rasmus Højlund currently making sure that there will be a bidding war for his signature this summer. Another 2 goals for Denmark takes him to 5 goals in 2 games this week. Not bad for a 20 y.o.

Doubt we are in with a shot for him but looks quite the talent. Obviously already been dubbed "the new Haaland" even thou he's not Norwegian.

Has only been OK at Atalanta so doubt will be a bidding war until next summer

58 minutes ago, WHY said:

Not on the wages he’s demanding, don’t think he’s particularly great either. Every time I watch him he’s decent and full of energy for 20 mins and then is ominous for the other 70.

Haha. Ominous wouldn't be too bad.

I would definitely take Mount but I suspect he'll go higher up the league. 

4 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Has only been OK at Atalanta so doubt will be a bidding war until next summer

He's also only just turned 20. But yeah, maybe the bigger clubs wait until 2024