Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

3 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Imagine chasing a game and havibg tammy and waktins to deal with.

Thats a scary thought in my opinion. Tammys low on confidence i think under unai he could be absolutely incredible 

Not Emery system. Not happening

1 hour ago, Kiwivillan said:

Not Emery system. Not happening

He has played two strikers when we were chasing a goal before?? Duran and watkins have both played on pitch?

Hw also tried ings and watkins together too

6 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Imagine chasing a game and havibg tammy and waktins to deal with.

Thats a scary thought in my opinion. Tammys low on confidence i think under unai he could be absolutely incredible 

He wasnt incredible for Tuchel or Mourinho

Time to accept Tammy isnt good enough, he needs to move lower down the Serie A table 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

He has played two strikers when we were chasing a goal before?? Duran and watkins have both played on pitch?

He's not playing Watkins and Tammy 90 mins and we're not signing Tammy to come off the bench

9 hours ago, thabucks said:

Spanish press linking us to Lukaku now ….

If it wasnt for fact that he's probably on about 300k a week and I'm always a bit wary of young prodigees entering final years of their career I'd be all over this. 

We also have an abysmal track record of signing "big" players on way down in their careers. Has it ever worked out? 

However this man LOVES Villa Park he'd score a ridiculous amount of goals if he played there all the time. 

Edited by villaglint
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Villaphan04 said:

might be unrealistic but I hope Emi is trying to push for this guy as well -- the FM legend.

I imagine a few CL clubs are waiting to pounce. Almada is going to be a huge name in the coming years. Atlanta spent big to bring him in so it would take a big fee to prize him away. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, TRO said:

I would like Joao Palinha to add to our midfield.

Looks a decent player, but would probably cost a bit as Fulham only signed him in the summer, and they are no threat of relegation so have no reason to sell.

• Like 1

Just now, duke313 said:

Looks a decent player, but would probably cost a bit as Fulham only signed him in the summer, and they are no threat of relegation so have no reason to sell.

Yeah....I just like him, came from Sporting for 20m

6 minutes ago, TRO said:

Yeah....I just like him, came from Sporting for 20m

I wouldn't mind taking a look at some of Sporting's current crop, Manuel Ugarte for instance, seems to have replaced Palinha and is only 21.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

He's not playing Watkins and Tammy 90 mins and we're not signing Tammy to come off the bench

I didnt say he would but he can opt to play watkins wide at times if needed or behind tammy there is various options there.

When ollie went through a terrible run of form (not just under gerrrad) we needed a 2ns striker to compete with him. Duran looks likw he has massive potential but im not sure he is ready if ollie got t injured.  On saturday we saw glimpses again of watkins at his worst missing a 1 on 1. We all knew what he was going to do before he even struck it. Against sides like chelsea ams utd you need your strikers to take those chances. Rashford wouls score that, kane would, even mitrovic probably would.

You need a 2nd striker here to keep ollie on his toes ans i think tammy is good enough. I remember people were turning their noses up at trippier ans look at how thats worked out?

7 minutes ago, duke313 said:

I wouldn't mind taking a look at some of Sporting's current crop, Manuel Ugarte for instance, seems to have replaced Palinha and is only 21.

I was thinking the same.....They are a good outfit...a good hunting ground is Sporting.

I like Ugarte too, bit rash in the challenge, but I do like him, for the squad.

we have to think beyond the first 11 now,  and need some variation to change games.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Ousmane Diomande is another one to keep an eye on at Sporting.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

I think as Watkins has played as a winger / wide forward before he can operate with a lead the line striker I'm sure. A big physical and quick player. For me Bailey is at his best operating from Right Mid. 

Emery wants different types of players for different roles and different set ups. 

• Like 2