Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

1 hour ago, IrishVilla10 said:

Maybe not, but it might be the case that Emery only wants 2/3 quality signings and I wouldn’t be surprised if we’re spending over 50 on at least one in the summer 

Yup, seems like the type who would rather sign no one , than to sign a bunch of players purely based on moneyball and " just because ".

I reckon he will target top quality. If that means only signing 3 big players and integrating youth which will be a year more experienced, so be it.

• Like 3

I feel like Martinez, Cash, Sanson, Buendia, Kamara, Carlos and Duran are the ones I feel the recruitment department had a huge say in. Did masses of homework on them and long running contact with agent and player to lay out why they are the top of the clubs list for the summer and how they see them fitting into the team and building for future. I think Sanson clearly didn't work out. 

Signings like Watkins, Digne, Coutinho, Moreno are more coach clearly wanted them and recruitment department didn't disagree. Then I feel Ings, Bailey, Traore, Dendoncker were more we needed to see who we could get in positions we needed players in and a set timeline. Traore we needed a right winger, Dendoncker we badly needed another CM/6. Ings and Bailey were Grealish money.

I'm glad we can see how well players are doing under a proper coach.  

48 minutes ago, AvonVillain said:

So be it? It's the dream scenario! We've already got quality in that squad, it just needs augmenting with genuine class. Exciting times.

Imagine 2 - 3 Kamara level signings in attack, midfield and defence!

• Thanks 1

I hope we go down the quality and not quantity route . We have plenty of potentially good youth players to do the quantity thing. If and it is a big if we can attract players like Nico Williams and Pedro Goncalves they would be 100 million between the 2. Which for a club with a turnover like ours would be a huge outlay . 

Would love to see that kind of ambition and backing for our manager but we do have the turnover ffp issue . Getting players like that would mean i guess at least one of Bailey and Buendia being sold to finance it . And then you add Coutinho into the mix. 

But thats Purslows problem not mine. 

4 x 25 million players or 2 x 50. Got to be the latter if we want to progress up that table . 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

I hope we go down the quality and not quantity route

I think we’ll have to as we’d be pushed to get everyone in the first 11 and bench if we go for loads of new players, especially assuming that we’ll be keeping Cash, McGinn, Dendonker, Ramsey, Bailey, Archer, Duran, 2 GK, etc. 

I think we’ll see some quality players come in that can cover more than one position and then we’ll see movement on players like Dendonker, Chambers, possibly Bailey too

18 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

4 x 25 million players or 2 x 50. Got to be the latter if we want to progress up that table

Not if scouting dept are decent as we should be finding gems that turn into these 50-60m players. 

I think well see one 40-50m player and then 2 x 20-30m players personally. I think we’ll do another loan for the back up keeper too. 

1 hour ago, Kiwivillan said:

According to salary article Kamara our top earner on £175000 a week. I guess that's how we signed on a free. This will be expectation of some of players people want to sign for big money

Here was me thinking he only signed because of SG 🤔

• Haha 3

9 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Kolo Muani would be a perfect signing for us to play in the Bailey role. Watkins, Kolo Muani, Archer is a very good and balanced selection of strikers. Would love to see that next season.

I don't think he'd be able to join with Martinez here. Still having nightmares I expect.

11 hours ago, CVByrne said:

I feel like Martinez, Cash, Sanson, Buendia, Kamara, Carlos and Duran are the ones I feel the recruitment department had a huge say in. Did masses of homework on them and long running contact with agent and player to lay out why they are the top of the clubs list for the summer and how they see them fitting into the team and building for future. I think Sanson clearly didn't work out. 

Signings like Watkins, Digne, Coutinho, Moreno are more coach clearly wanted them and recruitment department didn't disagree. Then I feel Ings, Bailey, Traore, Dendoncker were more we needed to see who we could get in positions we needed players in and a set timeline. Traore we needed a right winger, Dendoncker we badly needed another CM/6. Ings and Bailey were Grealish money.

I'm glad we can see how well players are doing under a proper coach.  

Cutler had a big say in Martinez signing, he said he had to convince the recruitment staff about it. Cash I feel was a player Smith pushed for as he had fallen out with Guilbert by then

19 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Cutler had a big say in Martinez signing, he said he had to convince the recruitment staff about it. Cash I feel was a player Smith pushed for as he had fallen out with Guilbert by then

Yeah I'd agree both had says in those signings. I do feel the recruitment department do work with the coaches a lot on this. I do feel data was key to both as was Cutler and Smith.

I think three big signings needed now. I still really want Guendouzi as he can play CM and RM/LM I feel his physicality and workrate are key. We need that Forward to partner Watkins. Then I feel a RB/RCB player who is big and a skilled passer who operates in that RCB and RCM during games and doesn't get forward. Player with good recovery pace too.

Those are my three key positions. We might get an additional attacking player but I don't feel we need one if we've got Watkins, New Forward, Duran, Bailey and Buendia. I could see a Coutinho/Bailey leaving to fund a replacement attacker possibly.

I feel Traore and Chambers leave from current first team squad.

Players that need replacing/upgrading in the starting line up for next season :

Buendia

Bailey

Maybes:

Cash

Ramsey

I think the rest of the starting line up is fine, maybe a backup CB is needed.

Get rid of the trash - Sanson, Traore, Nakamba, Chambers, Davis. Demote Bailey, Buendia, Konsa to the bench and promote a few of the young stars we have out on loan, and we're in for a special season.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Kolo Muani would be a perfect signing for us to play in the Bailey role. Watkins, Kolo Muani, Archer is a very good and balanced selection of strikers. Would love to see that next season.

He's been linked with a £105m move to Man Utd, and been linked with Bayern.  Don't think he'll be on our shortlist.

9 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Don't know much about him TBH, other than the goal he scored the other night against Arsenal.  But he seems highly rated.

James Maddison / Coutinho type player. Very heavy scorer . But tiny at 5ft 8 and 60kgs . 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

So two Tommy Elphicks? Man that’s short.

Tiny mate. I remember being at quick fit solihull when Elphick brought his mercedes in for new tyres. He couldnt reach the slot to put his money in the coffee machine so i helped him out and gave him a leg up 

• Haha 3

53 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

James Maddison / Coutinho type player. Very heavy scorer . But tiny at 5ft 8 and 60kgs . 

From watching his highlights he looks like a Buendia clone.