Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

3 hours ago, HKP90 said:

Mason Mount reportedly on his way out of Chelsea in the summer. Any takers?

He's not amazing but people seem to be under the impression because he's lucky to start for England regularly he's not good at all so they'd be a lack of interest.

Apparently he's "only" on about 90k a week for Chelsea so that's very cheap indeed for an England starter.

Not sure why people think he's a credible option when Liverpool have been linked to him for last six months and they need much more goal threat and energy in that area. Newcastle also been linked aswell as Man. United but think that's just agent talk.

So he'd turn down Liverpool and Newcastle where he'd probably sign for both to join us with still a very outside shot of europe?

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

He's not amazing but people seem to be under the impression because he's lucky to start for England regularly he's not good at all so they'd be a lack of interest.

Apparently he's "only" on about 90k a week for Chelsea so that's very cheap indeed for an England starter.

Not sure why people think he's a credible option when Liverpool have been linked to him for last six months and they need much more goal threat and energy in that area. Newcastle also been linked aswell as Man. United but think that's just agent talk.

So he'd turn down Liverpool and Newcastle where he'd probably sign for both to join us with still a very outside shot of europe?

Maybe Chelsea wont sell him to Liverpool or another of the other scum 6 clubs.

7 minutes ago, Zatman said:

He has one year left on his deal and the contract talks have reached an impasse so looks like he'll be cashed in on given the insane amounts Chelsea have spent in last year. Academy product so that will be important for their FFP balancing.

Don't want to be too dramatic but it's a bit like saying....hey Jude.....Bellingham is available this summer, why not sign him.

Someone like Guendouzi is far more realistic given he's worked well with Emery previously and would relish another chance in premier league so that will be our big money midfield signing of the summer and then see what we come up with in the final third.

Edited by VillaChris
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Unlikely though, if they are willing to let him go, they obviously don’t regard him enough to be sufficient impact for a rival.  Plus big scum do transfers more often than you would expect.  Pretty much don’t think Mount would drop to us anyway.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, HKP90 said:

Mason Mount reportedly on his way out of Chelsea in the summer. Any takers?

Chelsea are not willing to meet his wage demands. Really think about that question again and if ya think it's still a real question fire again (just f-ing with ya before ya lose it with me)

3 minutes ago, pete101 said:

Chelsea are not willing to meet his wage demands. Really think about that question again and if ya think it's still a real question fire again (just f-ing with ya before ya lose it with me)

That's probably because they have 800 players on the books.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, pete101 said:

I don't think Chelsea pay the big bucks we all think they do. All of these winter arrivals im told are typically on 90-100k. Not the mega money you might expect 

7 hours ago, Villaphan04 said:

reportedly going to liverpool

If they get mount and bellingham they could potentially have the best cm pairing in the league even better than city

Edited by Demitri_C

4 hours ago, cheltenham_villa said:

I don't think Chelsea pay the big bucks we all think they do. All of these winter arrivals im told are typically on 90-100k. Not the mega money you might expect 

That is true of mudryk and fofana, cucurella not far off double that but then you have Enzo , Sterling, Koulibaly all over 300k per week

5 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

If they get mount and bellingham they could potentially have the best cm pairing in the league even better than city

Bellingham doing most of the lifting in terms “best cm pairing” in that comment.  I think Mount is a quality player but he’s not in the same league as Rodri, KDB, Silva and some of the others at City. I’d even argue that some of the other Sky6 have better midfielders than Mount.  Bellingham up there with the best though.

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Bellingham doing most of the lifting in terms “best cm pairing” in that comment.  I think Mount is a quality player but he’s not in the same league as Rodri, KDB, Silva and some of the others at City. I’d even argue that some of the other Sky6 have better midfielders than Mount.  Bellingham up there with the best though.

Most times I see him for Chelsea he plays as a 10 or wide forward as well

• Like 1

14 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Mount is the most overrated footballer currently playing. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, duke313 said:

Mount is the most overrated footballer currently playing. 

He certainly is in Gareth Soutgate's mind.

However he's not as bad as generally most believe. Had a very good 19/20 for example when Chelsea finished comfortably top 4. Tends to hit 7-8 prem goals a season (hit 11 last year) so can see why Liverpool would fancy him at a cheapish price in addition to going all in for Bellingham.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Villaphan04 said:

I know a random twitter link but he has been mentioned a few times on here.

Giving Sporting 60m for him & Gonçalves wouldn't be the worst idea imo. 

60m for both?

Ugarte be kidding me!

• Haha 2

18 hours ago, VillaChris said:

image.jpeg.d50a5a6dffcc04ad83760d872e3c0e95.jpeg :D 

I rather hope that he doesn't go to Liverpool and I can't see Chelsea wanting him to go there. If he goes to Newcastle, it will be 99% for the money, I still expect him to agree another contract at Chelsea. I also think this £80,000 pw salary sounds very low, does it perhaps not include the carrier bag full of money that he is given every weekend? 

9 hours ago, IrishVilla10 said:

You’re never getting the both of them for 60 million

yeah, definitely would be much higher than that.... I was talking more about the idea of getting those 2. Probably won't happen, though