Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

7 minutes ago, Callum said:

We surely surely surely have 2/3 coming in. Regardless of injuries, take one look at that bench today 😐 

I think we will see 2 or 3 incomings but tbf our bench today isn't *that* bad. Ramsey, Dendoncker and Moreno will all be back fairly soon.

• Like 2

Just now, Chindie said:

There must be incomings. We're thin, even accounting for injuries you'd say the squad is missing a couple of bodies.

I think the out goings suggests you're right.

38 minutes ago, Chindie said:

There must be incomings. We're thin, even accounting for injuries you'd say the squad is missing a couple of bodies.

By my estimates we're short a left wide forward and a right back.

I suspect we're waiting on one of Ferran Torres or Joao Felix.

Edited by Philosopher

56 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

Our depth really isn't good.

Especially when your playing 3 games in 7 days.

It was good; even with all of the injuries (half the starting XI from the end of last season out), the side we are putting out today is good (on paper) with some good bench options.

We can't take anymore though, and we need players to start coming back as the games start to pile up.

Agreed. 

Unless there's a family crisis and Digne needs to be back home for an extended period, he's made himself undroppable these past few games. 

Acuna el all carry risk, the risk that they'll even make the transition to PL football. We know Digne's qualities (and weaknesses) at this level. Stay for now, and revisit in Jan. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jas10 said:

Soria was suggested earlier on in the window, having worked with Unai before and as a 2nd choice GK…

Just feels like Olsen is staying and being shown a lot of faith…

There are several ares of the squad we can improve and we could inject some top class quality into that first 11 too…

Get today’s game out the way and see who arrives and departs in the final week of the window… it’s going to be a busy one…

Yeah Soria is decent aswell, kept a clean sheet v Barca the other week.

Will be on significantly less there than Olsen is on here aswell.

Edited by VillaChris

2 hours ago, AshVilla said:

We better have something major cooking because i doubt we will get top 10 let alone top 6 with this threadbare squad.

The extra fixtures are going to kill us.

This "threadbare" squad is bigger than the squad Unai had last season. Young is gone, Mings and Buendia out for the season. We have Carlos back now as well as four new signings. Almost all of our outgoings were on loan last season anyway. Yes some more signings would be nice but what we have will be fine if necessary.