Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

2 hours ago, Sulberto21 said:

Brennan Johnson is better than Gordon and look at how much Gordon has improved. 

Yeah, Gordon has clearly taken well to super special Newcastle fitness programme.

The same one Liverpool were on when they could just run and run and run.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tomaszk said:

Yeah, Gordon has clearly taken well to super special Newcastle fitness programme.

Asthma works in mysterious ways

I honestly don't think we need much more. Ramsey and Moreno back in the next few weeks will add further depth. 

Hopefully Villa keep Traore and Dendoncker around.

Initially perhaps a striker/forward as back-up to Watkins. Looks like Diaby and Zaniolo will create chances. Remember when Manure signed Cavani, someone of that calibre would be ideal but perhaps more of a striker figure. 

Spent the weekend with a good friend who is a die hard Barcelona fan. His opinion on names we’ve been linked with.

Fati - brilliant player no idea why Xavi doesn’t trust him more. 

Ferran - average, not bad but not good and not good enough for Barcelona. 

Abde - good player doesn’t see him leaving. 

• Thanks 2

We literally played all our defenders today so have little rotation options for upcoming games. 

We need a RB or a RCB for depth 100%.

Prefer we sold Chambers as I don't think he's good enough. Infact if Monchi got us 5mill for Chambers this window that would be outstanding. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

25 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

I'm still justified in thinking Monchi and Emery are not going to be dropping £50million plus on Brennan Johnson.

That signing makes no sense from a financial point of view.

He is quick and a hard worker. But I'm not convinced.

19 minutes ago, KAZZAM said:

We literally played all our defenders today so have little rotation options for upcoming games. 

Prefer we sold Chambers as I don't think he's good enough. Infact if Monchi got us 5mill for Chambers this window that would be outstanding. 

He was absolutely fine last season as back up…

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, KAZZAM said:

We won’t be playing that good of sides in Europe.  Chambers is fine for Europe 

48 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

That’s fine mate, no problem from me. I respect your view.

We’re just sharing thoughts and opinions.

I don’t believe we’ll go for him and prefer that we didn’t, better options out there imo.

Don’t see the point in getting into a bidding war or competing with other PL sides for him or such players either…too easy to get fleeced and ripped off in that market…

I have strong opinions about the fallacy of having to sign Prem/British/English players and how that experience is a must (many of the best players in the league, over the years, have come from abroad and enhanced and elevated it. Same goes for managers). I don’t want to bang on about all that again anyway…

But, of course, if Unai actually wants him then fine… and I’ll support and endorse it in that case. Just not sure he does though.

There are so many players and talents all over the world… we don’t need to focus on PL or home based players. Monchi has a wide network out there…

So far, we haven’t pursued those kind of players or deals anyway, other than Tielemans who was brought in on a free and provides great value and quality.

We’ll see.

I don’t care about being proven right (being proven wrong can feel just as good if not better when it comes to Villa 😂), I just want us to be as strong as possible and have the best season possible.

Unai is amazing.

UTV

No problem here either, fully respect yours too.  

You'll know more about the potential options than me as I don't spend too much time watching other the other leagues.  Be interesting to see who we do go for.  If Chelsea are interested then I agree best to steer well clear.

We were linked earlier in the window but I can't remember if it was one of the more reliable journos.  Agreed the top teams don't have many English players in them.  

I agree, as long as the player adds quality who cares where they come from.  Let's wait and see!

UTV

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Gordon is in my 'puchable faces XI' along with the likes of Bruno Fernandes and Kai Havertz. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, KAZZAM said:

You say we literally played all our defenders? Then proceeded to name a defender we didn’t play 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

18 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

Gordon is in my 'puchable faces XI' along with the likes of Bruno Fernandes and Kai Havertz. 

Yep, I could happily punch Gordon all day as for Rat face I could punch that all year!