Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

Would anyone consider Cole Palmer from City? Rumours he may be sold. Would be great for us, mentored already by an elite manager but will struggle for consistent game time at City. 

Still need someone like a Foyth to hybrid the right back / centre back role. Chambers is great depth in Europe but don’t fancy him having to play centre back in the Premier League and we need to keep Konsa, Pau and Carlos as fresh as we can. 

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Just on volume of players bought in. The signings are not the issue

How many games did the 7 players who have left play between them under Emery from January?  How many have the 5 players that he has signed since January played?  In terms of members of the match day squad we are +5.  +4 if you want to include injuries (2 out in Mings and Buendia and 1 in with Carlos).  We've also still got a week of the transfer window to go and both Emery and Monchi have said that they are looking to add extra quality.

PS - Had slightly overlooked Forever Young - although he didn't have a great game against us last weekend.  But even so we are still +3 in terms of the match day team.

Edited by allani

8 minutes ago, djdabush said:

I don't see us buying a RB, probably much more likely to get a LB and move Digne on. I'm not saying I wouldn't bring one in but I just think Emery is happy with Cash/Konsa/Chambers there. I think we will bring in an attacking player and maybe that LB but not much else.

Spot on imo.

I think was vital the club got Coutinho and/or Digne off the the books to make this happen and I believe it's been the plan for a while.

Good work by Unai & Monchi once again.

2 minutes ago, quazzie goat said:

Would anyone consider Cole Palmer from City? Rumours he may be sold. Would be great for us, mentored already by an elite manager but will struggle for consistent game time at City. 

Still need someone like a Foyth to hybrid the right back / centre back role. Chambers is great depth in Europe but don’t fancy him having to play centre back in the Premier League and we need to keep Konsa, Pau and Carlos as fresh as we can. 

I'd take Palmer in a heartbeat, class player, sadly no way.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Leeroy said:

No thanks to either, both downgrades on Digne.

I think the idea with Tavares is cheaper option for LB and a younger player who can improve. I trust Emery and Monchi. If they want to move Digne on and replace him even after his recent performances then they've a good reason to in longer term plans 

1 minute ago, Tomaszk said:

8 players on the bench with two keepers...

Don't think that's what was planned is it.

We have 7 injuries to senior players at the moment if include Emi. Cant really plan for that

Emi, Coutinho, Buendia, Ramsey, Donk, Mings and Moreno plus Iroegbunam

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

8 players on the bench with two keepers...

Don't think that's what was planned is it.

Actually, Unai said last year that two keepers on the bench was something they did routinely to aid in the pre-match warm-up routines for the starter and GK coach as well as give the younger keeper experience of match day.  Five maximum subs allowed so he still has more than enough outfield players available.  With the meticulous detail that goes into the planning from Unai and his staff, he knows exactly what he wants on the bench for any given game.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, FLVillan said:

Actually, Unai said last year that two keepers on the bench was something they did routinely to aid in the pre-match warm-up routines for the starter and GK coach as well as give the younger keeper experience of match day.  Five maximum subs allowed so he still has more than enough outfield players available.  With the meticulous detail that goes into the planning from Unai and his staff, he knows exactly what he wants on the bench for any given game.

I'm sure you can bring a young keeper along for the day and not have him on the bench.

17 minutes ago, FLVillan said:

Cant say this and then not give the 9th bench spot to a youth player like Feeney or Revan today.

Edited by AndyM3000