Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

30 minutes ago, beasley14 said:

I think with the extra clearance in finances we may go back in for Johnson.  No inside knowledge just a feeling that enough people are looking at him to support the idea hes got what it takes.  I've not seen a lot of him if I'm honest but if he's similar to Oli then it makes sense to me.  Within our range too.

No thanks, let someone else overpay for him…

So much quality and value out there that Unai and Monchi will be well aware of…

• Like 2

I think there might be one more incoming, but if not that's fine.

We have a good squad that looks a little light because we've been unfortunate with injuries.

In defence and goal we are fine - Moreno to come back, Chambers is fine as squad back up. Midfield we are good, Tielemans has not really had much pitch time yet and Jacob Ramsay will come in. Donk as back up is more than adequate, remember he was really good in the 3-0 win v newcastle last year. Up front, Bailey, Diaby, Watkins, Zaniolo and Duran provide a good mix of attacking options, that can be supported by Moreno, Digne and Cash getting forward.

Perhaps we'll get another full back, or a replacement in midfield, perhaps a loan. But we're not in too bad a shape.

• Like 2

Keep seeing terms like “ok”, “adequate”, “fine”, “competent” or “capable”…

I don’t think that’s what Unai wants nor the kind of players he wants… that doesn’t shout “ambition” or success…

All of the recent sales and outgoings we are working on just support that even more…

Unai has been and wants to continue to raise standards… he is getting to choose his “own players” now and not just working with what he has inherited…

And by now… he has seen who is and who isn’t up to the task and doing something about.. with Monchi’s help…

5 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

If he did he'd be settling for good enough. 

This is my point… I don’t like that mentality (and I’m sure Unai doesn’t either) but at least it’s only coming from fans and not the club…

I don’t think we realise how driven and ambitious Unai is…

it’s one of many things I admire and appreciate about him…

We’ve been crying out for this for so long…

We finally have an elite manager… he should working with the best tools available to him…

Many seem to be ignoring or not aware of the interviews, articles and comments made by both Unai and Monchi since preseason began and continuing now… 

There is a crazy obsession with PL players too when the best or most important players we have brought in have been from abroad… our scouting system and network is even more extensive now and we are looking for the right combinations of players who bring quality, value, potential and fit right into Unai’s system and style…

Also, bringing in players during the final week doesn’t mean we’re looking for squad filler or panic buys… targets will have been lined up and researched ages ago… not every deal can be completed quickly and easily…

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 1

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/cash-diaby-martinez-every-word-27600998

Are you happy with the transfer window you’ve had?

"We have some players injured, but usually during the season we will have injured players, they are recovering progressively. We also have young players in the under-23s who were playing with them in pre-season as well. Still, there are four days remaining of the window and we have to be ready in case someone is leaving, in case we have a good opportunity to add another player to the squad another player with us. Always, in my teams I am ready in case someone can come with us, or if someone can leave."

48 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

No thanks, let someone else overpay for him…

So much quality and value out there that Unai and Monchi will be well aware of…

We don't know the value of any deal yet.  We payed circa £50m for Diaby which is the sort of gping rate quality young players are going for.  Some of our other links are just as expensive in either fee or wages (admittedly they are just rumours).  

For what it's worth I think Diaby is better but it was the only example I have   

2 minutes ago, beasley14 said:

We don't know the value of any deal yet.  We payed circa £50m for Diaby which is the sort of gping rate quality young players are going for.  Some of our other links are just as expensive in either fee or wages (admittedly they are just rumours).  

For what it's worth I think Diaby is better but it was the only example I have   

No probs, we’ll just have to see…

Forest don’t need to sell and are free to fleece anyone who tries… £50m fee being rumoured, Spurs interested and have cash to spare after selling Kane… big surprise: Chelsea too…

I would much rather we looked elsewhere but each to their own…

Diaby? Initial fee (reported by the likes of Ornstein) was £32m… the rest is add ons and dependent on fulfilling criteria we are not privy too…

Don’t pay attention to Sky Sports…

We conduct smart business nowadays…

Edited by Jas10

When I said I think we're done, I didn't mean to correlate that with "I think we are good enough" or that Unai is happy. I just don't see the type of player we want/need being available and I can't see us settling for something second best.

We'll see though. Should be an interesting week. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Xela said:

People will be disappointed if they think there will be 2 or 3 incomings. I think we are done IMO

Reason being, I don't think we are the type of team now to be scratching around at the end of the window, trying to rush last min deals through. There has been no real concrete links. 

Just IMO of course. 

Same as January window. We didn’t make all these signings people thought we needed. We signed a LB and a striker that was scouted before Emery arrived.

47 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

No probs, we’ll just have to see…

Forest don’t need to sell and are free to fleece anyone who tries… £50m fee being rumoured, Spurs interested and have cash to spare after selling Kane… big surprise: Chelsea too…

I would much rather we looked elsewhere but each to their own…

Diaby? Initial fee (reported by the likes of Ornstein) was £32m… the rest is add ons and dependent on fulfilling criteria we are not privy too…

Don’t pay attention to Sky Sports…

We conduct smart business nowadays…

Jas I guess my point is that the so called £50m for Johnson could be structured the same way.  

Also there are rumours forest do actually need to sell someone to stay in line with FFP.  

We will have to wait and see, hopefully a busy couple of days.  

Edited by beasley14

3 minutes ago, beasley14 said:

Jas I guess my point is that the so called £50m for Johnson could be structured the same way.  

Also there are rumours forest do actually need to sell someone to stay in line with FFP.  

That’s fine mate, no problem from me. I respect your view.

We’re just sharing thoughts and opinions.

I don’t believe we’ll go for him and prefer that we didn’t, better options out there imo.

Don’t see the point in getting into a bidding war or competing with other PL sides for him or such players either…too easy to get fleeced and ripped off in that market…

I have strong opinions about the fallacy of having to sign Prem/British/English players and how that experience is a must (many of the best players in the league, over the years, have come from abroad and enhanced and elevated it. Same goes for managers). I don’t want to bang on about all that again anyway…

But, of course, if Unai actually wants him then fine… and I’ll support and endorse it in that case. Just not sure he does though.

There are so many players and talents all over the world… we don’t need to focus on PL or home based players. Monchi has a wide network out there…

So far, we haven’t pursued those kind of players or deals anyway, other than Tielemans who was brought in on a free and provides great value and quality.

We’ll see.

I don’t care about being proven right (being proven wrong can feel just as good if not better when it comes to Villa 😂), I just want us to be as strong as possible and have the best season possible.

Unai is amazing.

UTV

10 minutes ago, beasley14 said:

A bit crazy how many players Forest sign really…

They don’t let up! 😂