Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

Ollie camp are negotiating his contract. That's my read.

When I'm buying a car, I usually pick my keys up from the sale person's desk at some point to show that "I'm about to leave." But the experienced sales people usually know this trick ...

1 hour ago, HalfTimePost said:

We play 2 up top most of the time and yeah we could do with a backup striker but for that second role or for Watkins' backup we have:

Diaby, Bailey, Buendia, Traore, Philogene, Archer and Duran.

Nobody joins unless atleast 2 leave imo

I agree, but we are not going to have prolonged success with either bailey or traore getting lots of minutes

1 hour ago, Lerner's Driver said:

I fully acknowledge the ridiculous, emoji worthy idiocy of what I am about to say, but Andy Bernstein on his Talk Sport show this afternoon was saying that United are looking for another "well known striker" this window, in addition to Hojlund.

He said he couldn't name the player, but showed Darren Bent, his co-host, what he had written down and Bent couldn't believe it. I hope I am wrong and almost certainly am, but stranger things have happened. Couldn't be Ollie, could it?

He would be a superb signing for United and would make complete sense on and off the pitch. Thankfully there isn’t the brains at Man United to realise this - therefore I reckon it’s total BS.

Watkins certainly fits the high press mould that ten Hag would want.

But he’s not going anywhere for less than £80m at least.

We’d be screwed if we sold Watkins. There aren’t many forwards that offer everything he does, even if he is shit at penalties.

Still think we need a LW / Number 10 type player.

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I think what's ironic is that, Ollie is more highly rated by opposition fans, than ours.

Just today a Man U supporting mate was telling me that we'd be mad to sell him.

You don’t know what you’ve got till it’s gone, springs to mind. Watkins is perfect for us at the moment. If he does ever leave I think he will go to a London club….

• Like 1

Ollie would likely earn more at Utd, but he stands a very good chance of not ever being quite good enough and not being first choice. That didn’t suit him when he was playing with or in competition with Ings. Hopefully he sees that, but the big 5yr contract and Champions League would be very tempting…

4 hours ago, KMitch said:

Tyler Adams headed to Chelsea's bench...  lol.  Can't see him playing much ahead of Caiciedo and Ugochukwu

He couldnt get a game at Rennes and Chelsea are planning to loan him back to France

24 minutes ago, The Moustache of Teale said:

My strong suspicion here is that he’d drawn a childish picture of a cock and two balls, with some lines for pubes and some jizz spurting out of the end. Hence Darren Bent’s shocked reaction.

That’s what I’d have put on the paper anyway.

image.jpeg.93f09f6613e1c3a65a01855ff0cbf4a4.jpeg

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, thunderball said:

Ollie would likely earn more at Utd, but he stands a very good chance of not ever being quite good enough and not being first choice. That didn’t suit him when he was playing with or in competition with Ings. Hopefully he sees that, but the big 5yr contract and Champions League would be very tempting…

I didn't realise we had offered him a new deal.

9 minutes ago, TheStagMan said:

I didn't realise we had offered him a new deal.

We'll have 100% started talking to his agents.

Maybe they've said no thanks at the moment. Maybe we've offered one and they've said mmm no we'll have Digne's salary please. Maybe he's signed on and we'll be announcing it at at time they want to release some good news.

5 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

We'll have 100% started talking to his agents.

Maybe they've said no thanks at the moment. Maybe we've offered one and they've said mmm no we'll have Digne's salary please. Maybe he's signed on and we'll be announcing it at at time they want to release some good news.

Perhaps a good time might be after the pics of the butchered Holte End 😢

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, KMitch said:

Tyler Adams headed to Chelsea's bench...  lol.  Can't see him playing much ahead of Caiciedo and Ugochukwu

Neither currently at the club. Gallagher potentially on the move too. Adams isn't good enough for where they want to be but I'm sure Chelsea have weighed up the financial impact of losing Pulisic on the American market and bringing in the USMNT captain as an option in midfield probably helps mitigate some of the loss of earnings 

5 hours ago, duke313 said:

The Mirror says we are "monitoring" Laporte's situation at City, do we not have enough left footed centre backs? 

Think we were monitoring that situation but that ship has sailed. I imagine we had him as an option if Pau Torres deal looked like it could get away from us, as soon as we knew we could wrap that deal up for certain we left that alone. 

23 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

I do trust Unai and the whole team really, but damn, I wish we still had Ings… if we did I’d be so confident about next year (and I’m already very confident!)!

Why ? Ings hasnt really set the world on fire at west ham. He is past his best. We made right decision cashing in when we did. We got a real decent fee for him and got his wages off the books

• Like 3