Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

2 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

So Zaha has just gone to Galatasary for a 2 mill signing in fee and 100k a week. That's a cheap deal in today's market.

It is cheap, and he’s decent. Which makes you think we must be in for someone even better. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, pas5898 said:

Obviously, not at the same level - but we are in a slight Harry Kane / Spurs situation.

To get someone better than Watkins would cost 60 million and still be a huge gamble.

A mid level player wouldn't join to sit on the bench. They may as well go to lower table team and play every week.

Our best hope is getting a young prospect which we tried with Duran.

Monchi signed Carlos Bacca and Kevin Gamiero for less than £10m each. We don’t have to blow £70m+ on a striker or go for a complete untested 19 year old.  We can trust that we have one of the best in the business in Monchi, and that he’ll find us the players we need.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

Wasn't his last thing Barnes? Looks like he's lost his club source

Useless was making shit up by quoting a link from 7 years ago and didn't edit his post. Don't fall for bait

10 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

Wasn't his last thing Barnes? Looks like he's lost his club source

I don't see anything on his Twitter feed about Bamford but, oddly enough, his last Tweet about us was on the 13th July. Doesn't seem to be very active on Villa stuff.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, useless said:

Patrick Bamford under consideration according to John Percy.

Consideration for what though? Is worth buying him for squad morale just to have a little Tory boy in the corner for everyone to kick each day?

• Confused 3

58 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

So Zaha has just gone to Galatasary for a 2 mill signing in fee and 100k a week. That's a cheap deal in today's market.

I think we should have offered to match that!

Posts like this make me chuckle. Maybe Zaha just had absolute no interest in joining Villa?

Move to Galatasary has surprised me though especially with Palace rumoured to have offered 200k a week, I thought he was going to stay there. Must have really fancied a new challenge abroad. 

Zaha gone, Chelsea and Man City strongly rumoured to have triggered Olise's buyout clause, I think it's being reported that he will likely end up at Chelsea. Maybe now would be a good time to make a move for Eze.

1 minute ago, Jareth said:

Bamford - can there be a case made for him? I'm struggling, he's a prat, that used to score against us quite often. But could be cheap FFP happy back-up for Ollie...

Hmmm I'm really reaching here but he seems to score a few at Villa Park.

Nah, **** it, I don't want that gimp anywhere near our club.

• Like 3

Just now, Wainy316 said:

Hmmm I'm really reaching here but he seems to score a few at Villa Park.

Nah, **** it, I don't want that gimp anywhere near our club.

He wasn't even good at diving was he? And his hair, I hate that too.

3 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Bamford - can there be a case made for him? I'm struggling, he's a prat, that used to score against us quite often. But could be cheap FFP happy back-up for Ollie...

He's also injured quite a lot and is pushing 30. Only 2000 minutes worth of PL football in the last 2 seasons combined.

Rather have gone for £3m Rodrigo if we are looking at Leeds attackers.

• Like 1