Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

9 minutes ago, sne said:

Romeo Lavia would be an outstanding signing should Southampton go down. Bigger Fish circling thou.

There could be a whole host of players we should look to buy depending who of the 9 go down.

10 minutes ago, sne said:

Romeo Lavia would be an outstanding signing should Southampton go down. Bigger Fish circling thou.

I watched him again today and he’s head and shoulders above anyone else in their side, including Ward Prowse. He’ll be moving in the summer. 

• Like 2

Before we signed Duran I was looking at Ljubicic at LASK but his Japanese  teammate is catching the eye at the moment. 

22yo Keito Nakamura, 11 goals and 4 assists so far this season. Cheap right footed option for our left side perhaps?

Think Brighton’s Mitoma but younger.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, DaveAV1 said:

There are loads of players out there, better than McTominay and at vastly better value than, as you rightly say, he would cost us from Man U. The fact that he’s a massive 🛎 end too doesn’t make him an anymore attractive signing. In the headlines now because he scored 2 for Scotland. Not for me. 

Would be a Gerrard signing 100% if he were still here. 

I'd much rather go for the likes of Sander Berge at Sheffield United then the McTominay's of the world.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

I watched him again today and he’s head and shoulders above anyone else in their side, including Ward Prowse. He’ll be moving in the summer. 

Yes interesting player. Said in comms Man. City have a buyback clause. He has similar profile to Ramsey in way he has slight acceleration when in possession so very decent ball carrier indeed.

This is sort of signing someone like Brighton would do. Have a ready made replacement for a Ramsey in place just in case someone puts in a ridiculous bid and you have his replacement already at the club.

Thing with replacing Ramsey with a ready made replacement within the club is that Mrs Ramsey has been setting herself up for the next 15 years with with a conveyor belt of JJ's, AJs and CJ's.

Lavia would be a good signing but not one I can see us making. We'll be signing Guendouzi and maybe Lee Kang-In.

We then need to set about finding ways to get Iroegbunam into the side too.

McGinn, Luiz, Kamara, Ramsey, Iroegbunam and Guendouzi is probably enough in midfield. Particularly as Buendia is being used there a lot too.

I think our big moves will be in Defence, Striker and in Goal. Midfield will look very similar to now

6 hours ago, sne said:

Another way City are **** football up. They're putting buy backs in any young players they sell. So no one will be able to get Lavia, City will simply take him back for £30m.

Lavia today reminded me as more of a similar type of player to Iroegbunam than Jacob Ramsey, plays deeper, but good on the ball and can carry it forward well, the kind that can play as a DM or box-to-box midfielder, but isn't really an out and out attacking midfielder.

Don't know if accurate but most websites seem to describe him as a DM, which makes me doubt we would be interested as already have good options there, Kamara, Luiz, Dendoncker, Iroegbunam, and potentially Ibrahima Bamba.

I doubt Man City will buy him back, similar situation to Luiz when first joined us, doing well but probably not good enough for Man City to want back as they can buy better.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Thing with replacing Ramsey with a ready made replacement within the club is that Mrs Ramsey has been setting herself up for the next 15 years with with a conveyor belt of JJ's, AJs and CJ's.

Lavia would be a good signing but not one I can see us making. We'll be signing Guendouzi and maybe Lee Kang-In.

We then need to set about finding ways to get Iroegbunam into the side too.

McGinn, Luiz, Kamara, Ramsey, Iroegbunam and Guendouzi is probably enough in midfield. Particularly as Buendia is being used there a lot too.

I think our big moves will be in Defence, Striker and in Goal. Midfield will look very similar to now

Would love a top class CB (Pau Torres) and a top class striker (Kolo Muani). Am I asking for to much? 

13 minutes ago, useless said:

Lavia today reminded me as more of a similar type of player to Iroegbunam than Jacob Ramsey, plays deeper, but good on the ball and can carry it forward well, the kind that can play as a DM or box-to-box midfielder, but isn't really an out and out attacking midfielder.

Don't know if accurate but most websites seem to describe him as a DM, which makes me doubt we would be interested as already have good options there, Kamara, Luiz, Dendoncker, Iroegbunam, and potentially Ibrahima Bamba.

I doubt Man City will buy him back, similar situation to Luiz when first joined us, doing well but probably not good enough for Man City to want back as they can buy better.

He's a DM. More Kamara than Ramsey. 1 goal no assists in 300 less minutes than Ramsey

Edited by Kiwivillan
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, useless said:

We need to give Tim a chance. He has the acceleration like Lavia but with a 6ft 1 frame . That youtuber James Alcott who is a massive qpr fan is convinced he will be a massive prem player. Again because he said he is leggy in a good way.  As in once he accerlates he is gone. You cannot stop him  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

We need to give Tim a chance. He has the acceleration like Lavia but with a 6ft 1 frame . That youtuber James Alcott who is a massive qpr fan is convinced he will be a massive prem player. Again because he said he is leggy in a good way.  As in once he accerlates he is gone. You cannot stop him  

Hope we see Tim in the first team next season.  Think he will be kept about, especially if we manage to get into Europe.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, trillvillan said:

Would love a top class CB (Pau Torres) and a top class striker (Kolo Muani). Am I asking for to much? 

We have one, the issue is whether or not he's been affected by his serious injury. 

38 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Yaya Toure-esque. 

My feeling is a defender that can play out well and has pace (whether that is RCB or RB) is needed still. 

A play in the advanced midfield positions (to play alongside Ramsey or McGinn) that is a proper playmaker. Some that has the decision making, passing and skill to control games is needed. That player needs defensive qualities too.

The final piece is a tricky, skillful, consistent winger / forward. For me this sorts all the issues this team has.

High caliber additions is essential. We need 30 to 50 million pound players.

7 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

My feeling is a defender that can play out well and has pace (whether that is RCB or RB) is needed still. 

A play in the advanced midfield positions (to play alongside Ramsey or McGinn) that is a proper playmaker. Some that has the decision making, passing and skill to control games is needed. That player needs defensive qualities too.

The final piece is a tricky, skillful, consistent winger / forward. For me this sorts all the issues this team has.

High caliber additions is essential. We need 30 to 50 million pound players.

3 players in that price bracket each, and we'll be cooking.

• Like 1

Didn’t Emery say a while back though that we’re after an out and out striker, regardless of Durans signing?

I can see us really going for it and targeting a striker, winger, attacking midfielder, central midfielder and right back/centre back. 

With the exception of the striker I think the others need flexibility, players that are technically gifted enough and intelligent enough to cover multiple positions. Example being Mohammed Kudus at Ajax, can cover AM, RW, LW and CF. Geertruida at Feyenoord is another as he can cover CB, RB and DM.

I think a gross 150m outlay on 4 players, perhaps with two bigger fees in there, will set us up nicely. 

Who you picking if it was your 150m?

12 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Another way City are **** football up. They're putting buy backs in any young players they sell. So no one will be able to get Lavia, City will simply take him back for £30m.

The player has to agree to go back, though.

Edit: and, actually, it makes it “cheaper” for everyone else anyway. 

Edited by bobzy